Fitbit one versus striiv play?

Options
Hi all,

I am debating buying a Striiv play or a fitbit one. I know they both just came out, but am wondering if any of you have one of these two and why you chose one or the other? The Striiv game is intriguing to me right now. I like the sleep tracking of fitbit, but I have an app for that on my phone already.

Thanks in advance fo any help!

Replies

• Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I pre-ordered the fitbit one and waited impatiently only to find the pre-order was back ordered....wtf? Anyway, just got PO'd about the whole situation and canceled order. I'm curious too as to whether it's worth it.
  • LadyBeryl
    LadyBeryl Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit Ultra and the One should be delivered soon. Striiv play sounds intriguing and given the lousy interface between Fitbit and MFP of late, I might return the One when it arrives.

I'm interested in reading a comparison between the two as well.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I have this dilemma too. I liked the original strriv that it set monkey challenges in the gizmo itself. With the play though, you will need to go into the app for this. Also, it seems the app dkesnt have the option to donate to charity. You could use fitbit and the earndit website for this
  • Morgenlstar
    Morgenlstar Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    i got my striiv delivered yesterday.. and sadly, I am not too impressed.

I might just be confused or missing something though. I wanted the fitbit but when it became backordered on amazon and I discovered striiv for 40 bucks cheaper I decided to get that instead. I am guessing that since I haven't had it in use for a full 24 hours it is not showing up in MFP. It appears I can't see a daily breakdown in activity (such as hours/minutes) which is a capability I really want.

I read reviews saying that the fitbit was better for someone wanting data and striiv for someone needing fun gamelike motivation. I really like the game feature but I think I'm returning the striiv cause I NEED that data factor.. I'm ocd and can't go on without!
  • jaz050465
    Options
    i got my striiv delivered yesterday.. and sadly, I am not too impressed.

I might just be confused or missing something though. I wanted the fitbit but when it became backordered on amazon and I discovered striiv for 40 bucks cheaper I decided to get that instead. I am guessing that since I haven't had it in use for a full 24 hours it is not showing up in MFP. It appears I can't see a daily breakdown in activity (such as hours/minutes) which is a capability I really want.

I read reviews saying that the fitbit was better for someone wanting data and striiv for someone needing fun gamelike motivation. I really like the game feature but I think I'm returning the striiv cause I NEED that data factor.. I'm ocd and can't go on without!
  • jaz050465
    Options
    Oops- have you looked at the new STRIIV play? At the moment you can't donate to charity using that and the app and the challenges are only on the app. I emailed STRRIV about it and they said they would think about making changes. They are continuing to do the original STRIIV.
  • amberlee08
    amberlee08 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Any updates on this?
    I purchased the fitbit one a few days ago and I'm less than pleased. Too many technical issues.
    I'm thinking of returning it for the play.
  • Morgenlstar
    Options
    Oops- have you looked at the new STRIIV play? At the moment you can't donate to charity using that and the app and the challenges are only on the app. I emailed STRRIV about it and they said they would think about making changes. They are continuing to do the original STRIIV.

Yea, I have the play. I don't love it. I do love the idea of it and the gaming feature is awesome but I need day to day technical data that it doesn't provide.. I have been using the One for a few days now and I LOVE it.
  • jaz050465
    Options

Yea, I have the play. I don't love it. I do love the idea of it and the gaming feature is awesome but I need day to day technical data that it doesn't provide.. I have been using the One for a few days now and I LOVE it.

What do you feel it's missing?
  • Morgenlstar
    Options

What do you feel it's missing?

The information it provided was too generalized. I want to see a breakdown of the entire day. It's not that there is anything wrong with the striiv play, i guess its personal preference. I just want straight data which is what the fitbit provides.
  • jaz050465
    Options
    Thanks. I think I do do. Going to get the Fitbit. The Zip is fine for me. Don't need the stairs or sleep. Will save the money for a HRM.
  • amberlee08
    Options
    I'm not too impressed with the Play. I took my fitbit back because it wasn't syncing right. But I think I like it better than the play.
    the play doesn't sync well at all. Its impossible to do the challenges when the thing doesn't sync with the app.
    the game is kind of lame anyway. Guess ill be returning it and getting the Fitbit One again lol
  • jaz050465
    Options
    I'm not too impressed with the Play. I took my fitbit back because it wasn't syncing right. But I think I like it better than the play.
    the play doesn't sync well at all. Its impossible to do the challenges when the thing doesn't sync with the app.
    the game is kind of lame anyway. Guess ill be returning it and getting the Fitbit One again lol

Thanks for that.

I presume you've got a iphone 4s of 5
  • Dark_Roast
    Dark_Roast Posts: 17,689 Member
    Options
    I got tired of waiting on the Fitbit site and went to Bestbuy to buy the One. I synced it sitting in my car in the parking lot. :) I do like it better than the ultra for that reason, now my stats are constantly uploaded, even at work. The rubber case has an odd feel to it, but I'm sure I will get used to it in a while. I fully charged it the day I bought it, and I am seeing how long it lasts on a full charge. As of right now, (I've owned it for two days) I like it a lot, and am glad I bought it.
  • amberlee08
    Options

Thanks for that.

I presume you've got a iphone 4s of 5

• jaz050465
    Options
    Just had an update for the app to ' fix Bluetooth link connection issues with STRIIV Play'. Try again and let us know how you get on.
  • bipsqueen
    bipsqueen Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit ultra and I LOVE IT!! It interfaces with endomondo, earndit and myfitnesspal very well, it uploads quickly and records my sleep. Wouldn't use anything else!
  • Morgenlstar
    Options
    Thanks. I think I do do. Going to get the Fitbit. The Zip is fine for me. Don't need the stairs or sleep. Will save the money for a HRM.

I LOVE my polar FT4! =)
  • eitak143
    eitak143 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My friend has a Fitbit Ultra. I liked it so much I decided to invest in one myself. It was a lot of money for me, but it was worth every cent! I am so addicted to it! I love the fact that it is small enough to fit in my bra. :) I also love how easily it syncs to MFP when I exercise. I've only have had it for two months, but I have already noticed a dramatic improvement in my activity level. I am not really that knowledgeable about the Striiv Play, so I can't say anything positive or negative about that. I can, however, RAVE about the Fitbit!!!!!!!!! Talk your friends and convince them to get one too....then you can challenge each other! :D Well, that is my two cents. Hope that helps. :happy:
  • amberlee08
    Options
    the update definitely helped with the syncing. However I haven't had a chance to test it out with the challeneges. Ill let you know. I forgot to charge it and its dead today :(