Please help me.

Options
I've been binging nonstop for 5 days and I can't stop.
I feel so weak and helpless and sick and I can just feel the fat gain.
Please someone help me.

Replies

• MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Other than giving a bit of support, no one can really help you. As like all of us, motivation has to come from within and you must be determined to do it. That's why it's so hard to lose weight.
  • Rhia55
    Rhia55 Posts: 247
    Options
    It's up to you to put down the fork, no one can make you do it. Reach deep inside and dig out the reason why you don't want to gain weight. Then start drinking water and put the fork down.
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Sometimes one needs professional support. If you had been at a deficit before this perhaps it was too much. Just try to back down a little at a time.
  • rinathin
    Options
    I was so motivated... I don't know what's wrong with me now. But I guess I'll keep trying.
  • desirea2006
    desirea2006 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Its 5 days of the rest of your life! Step away form the fridge and step into your room and slide on your comfiest work out clothes and do your favorite video workout or hit the gym and push out all this aggression on a machine! This isn't a diet! Its the rest of your life!!! NO MORE BINGING!!!! ANd don't let 5 days turn in to 5 weeks or 5 months! ITS NOT WORTH IT!
  • Snoopy4eva
    Snoopy4eva Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    take small steps to get back on track. start by getting a workout in at the start of the day. go for a run or something that makes u feel good. that should help in breaking the binge a little and start eating clean again. its never too late to dust yourself off and try again.
  • jasondcooper
    Options
    I hope you'll reach out for professional help. The binging eating may be related to other issues that need to be addressed. The sooner you take responsibility for what is happening the sooner you can deal with it.

You are a worthy cause! I wish you the best.
  • Breadoholic
    Breadoholic Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I've been binging nonstop for 5 days and I can't stop.
    I feel so weak and helpless and sick and I can just feel the fat gain.
    Please someone help me.

I feel for you buddy. My advice would be.... leave the house. Seriously, get up and just leave. Go on a long walk, listen to some music, write down what you plan to do to help yourself in the days coming. DON'T HATE ON YOURSELF. These things happen. Binge eating disorder is very common. I write down how i feel when I am bingeing and then when I feel a binge coming on I will read over it. But basically leaving the house and preoccupying yourself is key.

Good luck,
    Christina :)
  • KM11102011
    Options
    Track your binges by logging all calories consumed and take notes on triggers. This can be managed by being your own advocate, however professional help is something to seriously consider. You can use your food diary as a reference should you decide on seeking counsel.
  • maskins
    Options
    why are you binging?
  • chica23GK
    chica23GK Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Its 5 days of the rest of your life! Step away form the fridge and step into your room and slide on your comfiest work out clothes and do your favorite video workout or hit the gym and push out all this aggression on a machine! This isn't a diet! Its the rest of your life!!! NO MORE BINGING!!!! ANd don't let 5 days turn in to 5 weeks or 5 months! ITS NOT WORTH IT!

... what she said : Plus, stop thinking something is wrong with you. You're not defective - You've stumbled like so many others have - now get back up. The only difference between success and failure is whether or not you get back up. Plus motivation comes from desire - you want success? Really? Then get back up! If you really want to be slim & healthy, you will be. Admit it, you always get what you want - if you want failure, you'll get that, if you keep believing something is wrong with you. Getting back up "feels" hard because we're so used to falling over & just laying there ... get up - you're worth it!
  • Breadoholic
    Breadoholic Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Track your binges by logging all calories consumed and take notes on triggers. This can be managed by being your own advocate, however professional help is something to seriously consider. You can use your food diary as a reference should you decide on seeking counsel.

I agree with this person's post also. Triggers are important to recognize. Mine tend to be boredom and stress (exams).
  • thatsillyshana
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!! I know it's hard, but once you stop you'll feel a whole lot better! How about instead of binging you get your mind off of food! When you want to eat, try brushing your teeth or cleaning. Or you can look up gross things online to lose your appetite :P
  • schmenge55
    schmenge55 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    You..........can................do..............this! There is a ton of support here. How can we best support you? Do you know why you are binging? (stress, hungry, etc.) You can learn from this
  • Faitheyfa
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up about those five days that have passed, you have many more to come! Dust yourself off and just keep pushing forward.
    I've been there too, I used to binge late at night on whatever was sitting in my pantry. It felt great at the moment, but I would feel such pangs of depression and guilt come morning. I guess I came to a realization that food just isn't worth it, it only satisfies for a short while and then the desire to binge would roll around again and again.
    Honestly, prayer was my trick. Whenever I felt like I wanted to eat out of boredom or habit, I would ask Jesus to help me. Some may disagree, but hey, He saved my life out of a very dark place.
    I'll be praying for you too friend. You CAN do this!

Hugs,

- Faith
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Have you been starving yourself?
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    You can do this..but you really have to want it...and yes; have you been eating ENOUGH calories or have you been eating at too high a deficit that your body cannot sustain? Please take a step back and re-assess. Then jump back in both feet. But make sure you are doing it the healthy way...no starvation, no quick fixes. This is a long term commitment...it's for life! So make sure the changes you make are sustainable and doable for life! :smile: You got this!
  • Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Ease off the throttle, EASE off, you can control it, track what you're eating, eat less, and less each day. Cold turkey cutting doesn't work for everyone all the time. You ARE the hero you've been waiting for. You're Ali when he got knocked down, and struggled back to his feet. You are genghis khan, you are the sword, you are a hydrogen bomb.. You hold the fury of a thousand collapsed stars, channel it, use it and let the emotion fuel your desire and determination...

you ARE the hero you've been waiting for..
  • rinathin
    Options

I agree with this person's post also. Triggers are important to recognize. Mine tend to be boredom and stress (exams).

I guess mine is loneliness. I'm extremely anxious eating in front of people; now that my roommate has left for a week and I have the dorm to myself, it's triggered the binge. I'll try to leave my dorm when I feel the urge to binge.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Ease off the throttle, EASE off, you can control it, track what you're eating, eat less, and less each day. Cold turkey cutting doesn't work for everyone all the time. You ARE the hero you've been waiting for. You're Ali when he got knocked down, and struggled back to his feet. You are genghis khan, you are the sword, you are a hydrogen bomb.. You hold the fury of a thousand collapsed stars, channel it, use it and let the emotion fuel your desire and determination...

you ARE the hero you've been waiting for..

This is absolutely beautiful.