Quest for a 400 lb Bench, or add XX lbs to your bench

Options
This one's for everybody! Add lbs to your bench. Start with your latest max and go!

My goal - 4 wheels, paused at the bottom. 405!

Below, post your current max, target max, and plan to get there.

Replies

• JasonDetwiler
    JasonDetwiler Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Current max = 355 (paused)

Goal = 405 (paused)

The plan
    4 weeks hypertrophy
    1 week CNS amplification
    6 weeks strength
    1 week CNS amplification
    Test new max

From there, I'll see how far off I am and decide how to attack the big 4.
  • JasonDetwiler
    Options
    Wow, this thread caught on like wild fire.
  • Punktorian
    Punktorian Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Well, I have a rough outline of the plan. I've been doing well with a light plan and adjusting on the fly so why stop now. My bench lagged behind for awhile and just now got moving a bit so a modest goal for the time being.

Current =325
    Goal = 350

Starting this week
    A. Tuesday bench session B. Saturday hypertrophy day

Week 1

A. Max Effort
    50% x 5
    60% x 3
    70% x 2
    80% x 1
    90% x 1
    95% x 1
    100+ x 1
    115% x 2 with slingshot
    B. 3 x 8 + 4 forced negatives as done in the Animal Hellraiser programming.

Week 2

A. Rep work
    5 x 5
    2 x 5 with slingshot
    B. Incline bench
    3 x 10
    DB floor press for 1 minute

Week 3

A. Speed work
    60% + bands 8 x 3
    B. Military press
    sets/reps to be determined

Lots of tricep and lat accessory work with some shoulder stuff thrown in. Week 4 will be max effort again and probably look the same or very similar but a max set of 3 or something.
  • JasonDetwiler
    Options
    Good luck!
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Recouping my shoulder, on the back up now. Providing it holds up, whats the time frame again?
  • JasonDetwiler
    Options
    I didn't post a time frame for everyone. I'm doing a 12-week program (on week 3). I think we can each state our own time frame that fits our individualized plan.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Doing 531 to get to 300!
  • littlebigsteve
    littlebigsteve Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    im not using this program but im with ya ...im working on my 405 raw pause aswell...im not entirely sure where im at atm but my guess is 360 or less....i wont be doing singles for another week or two im still on doubles with alot of accessory work...tomorrow for me is 335 for doubles then timed holds and jms
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Options
    Just an honest question. Why do people do heavy flat but not do heavy incline? I've always done heavy on both. Incline helps me on the flat to push up and back. I had a 405 max back in the day and set of 10's with 315 on the incline. Its also helped in the military press too. I'm at 340 on the incline now. I train tri's hard too, also the lats and back for support. I tuck my shoulder blades in so they touch when I bench with a good arch.
  • cbarn025
    cbarn025 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    I go as heavy as I can on the incline but I feel more strain on my shoulders with the incline. I prefer doing incline with dumbbells but alternate from week to week. I tuck my shoulders in on flat but I never thought to do it on incline.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Options
    Its not as big a arch as on the flat.
  • littlebigsteve
    littlebigsteve Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    i do a heavy incline...a heavy over head...i do just about evrything heavy....i guess some people worry about shoulders..or just can handle more weight on flat so thats all they press heavy on