What's your motivation?

Options
What was your "lightbulb moment" when you decided that it was time to make a change and get going with your weight loss plan?

Mine was my wedding anniversary. Next year, hubby and I will be celebrating 10 years of marriage, and I realised that I have put on so much weight in that time. Sure there have been pregnancies and medical issues over the last 10 years, but it's no excuse really.

For our 10th anniversary (and each one after that), I want to be able to wear my wedding dress again.

Replies

• Lmezz11
    Lmezz11 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Some A hole talking about me behind my back....

That and not being satisfied when I look in the mirror.
  • ELIZZY20
    Options
    When I realized in August that I want to go into music performance after school, which is coming at the end of this schoolyear. Performing arts are sadly about looks as well as talent, and my current body just won't make the cut. By Christmas, I want to be down to 135lb, and by graduation, I want to be as close to my high school graduation weight as possible.
  • fatsheet
    fatsheet Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    mine was when i looked at the digits on my scale...

...8 more kgs and i would hit the triple digits... it scared the bejeezuz out of me. that same week, i trotted down to my local gym (which is coincidentally on the same street as my house) and signed up for an annual gym membership.

nothing feels better than realising that your clothes are getting looser. Now I even have to wear a belt to keep my work pants from slipping off!
  • Tricep_A_Tops
    Options
    Being 41 but feeling like I was 61 because I was 83 lbs over weight, on high blood and cholesterol meds and according to my doctor, Type II diabetes was in my very near future. Now 2 weeks shy of my 43rd. birthday im off the meds in the best shape of my life and feel like im 21 again. My motivation now is to do everything possible to never go back to the way I was.
  • julimonster
    julimonster Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    When someone confused a picture of me with one of my mother. Don't get me wrong, I love my mother, but she's got the "honey-badger-don't-care" attitude when it comes to healthy food choices! Fortunately, since losing some weight I've convinced her to "come around" to my way of eating!
  • gdogra
    gdogra Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Being 41 but feeling like I was 61 because I was 83 lbs over weight, on high blood and cholesterol meds and according to my doctor, Type II diabetes was in my very near future. Now 2 weeks shy of my 43rd. birthday im off the meds in the best shape of my life and feel like im 21 again. My motivation now is to do everything possible to never go back to the way I was.

Bro! You are awesome!!!!!!!!!
    My motivation - self esteem issues, emotional overeating, bad habits.. :) and yes, GOOD CLOTHES...
  • dogo187
    dogo187 Posts: 376
    Options
    when i got on the scale at the doctors office and it said i was 315lbs...also, the phonecall a few days later that revealed i was pre-diabetic...

it was either get serious, or see my life cut short by who knows how many years and at the same time set my children up for a life with a morbidly obese mother who could barely walk a flight of stairs without passing out from exhaustion...

so, my real motivation came from within...but it benefits everyone around me!
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    the smile on my girls face when i walk in the room naked
  • furenaef
    furenaef Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    i dont lift for girls, i lift to impress guys
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    original motivation was that my girlfriend cheated on me so i felt i wasnt good enough but now i like what ive become and i want to keep it that way :)
  • nphect
    nphect Posts: 474
    Options
    don't like sitting around and like to challenge myself
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I was 52 when my last son was born, my wife was 22 yrs younger than me! And i wanted to live long enough to see him gro up. He's 23 and I'm 76 and I still run 5 to 6 days a week
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    I was 52 when my last son was born, my wife was 22 yrs younger than me! And i wanted to live long enough to see him gro up. He's 23 and I'm 76 and I still run 5 to 6 days a week

when you where 52 your wife was 30? God Bless ya man your like a king among men
  • Dawn7664
    Dawn7664 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I was so discussed with myself. I couldn't even fit comfortably in my car, the seat belts were tight and my belly rubbed the steering wheel. I barely fit in airplane seats! I weighted 299.9 pounds the day I joined weight watchers.

But my turning point was my husband who asked me to please loose weight. I myself avoided intimacy because I didn't feel,comfortable, pretty or sexy! I have an 11 year old and couldn't even get up and down off the floor without trouble.

Now I'm down 58 pounds, I feel great even though I have 58 more to go! I eat healthy and love it, my aches and pains are gone! I finally found exercise I enjoy and I'm working on strength ing my body. I hope to be someone who can say someday "I am in the best shape of my life"
  • Nimrod2010
    Nimrod2010 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've always taken pride in how far I could walk.:happy: But, after struggling to walk a fair distance along with being discouraged for that "beer gut" & "spare tire" appearance, I decided to commit to be fit! I love to hunt and be outdoors as much as possible. My motivation is now to get into a body that can enjoy more athletic activities and live a happier life!:bigsmile:

26311106.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Being in the best health I can be in :smile: