Too much protein?

Options
I thought protein was a good thing, but my food diary shows that I am way over on my protein intake. Is this really bad?

Replies

• Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Look at my diary, and my protein intake. Depending on what you do to work out.....its filling and yummy. If you are just going for walks, or an elliptical bunny.....too much protein is gonna make you fat. If you strength train at all, protein is great for your body.
  • tonightokayalright
    tonightokayalright Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I'd say it's fine. Your protein goal is arbitrary.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Protein is good. MFPs standard protein is pretty low.
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    If you're still within your calories I wouldn't worry about it. I prefer to be over on protein than carbs.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Think of it as a goal not a limit
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Change your goal to a higher %age and then you won't be over. Problem solved. You're welcome.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    ^^ Bean is known to devour well over 250 grams of protein though turns in to She-Hulk when she goes under.
  • Maybaby100
    Maybaby100 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I don't know how to log the weights yet or even which weights I should be doing. I have been focusing on arms and back, since I use the muscles in my legs a lot doing the elliptical and walking. We have a machine at our gym that is an elliptical and stepper in one. I use that a lot, but I have no idea what it is called. I am learning.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    ^^ Bean is known to devour well over 250 grams of protein though turns in to She-Hulk when she goes under.

HULK SMASH!!!!
    lol. I don't think I've ever hit 250g of protein, so I must be she-hulk all the time!!!!
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I don't know how to log the weights yet or even which weights I should be doing. I have been focusing on arms and back, since I use the muscles in my legs a lot doing the elliptical and walking. We have a machine at our gym that is an elliptical and stepper in one. I use that a lot, but I have no idea what it is called. I am learning.
    Sounds like it might be a stairclimber? Not sure, I am not a cardio machine person.
    However I disagree that a lot of protein will make you fat if you don't do weights, protein is good for you, keeps you full, and will not make you fat if you eat within your calories.
  • Maybaby100
    Maybaby100 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You can do steps like a stair climber, strides like an elliptical or really big long strides like you are sprinting. I alternate between all of them. I used to think it was too hard, now I love it and get annoyed when they are all taken up at the gym!