Favorite leftover meal after Thanksgiving?

Options
What is your favorite meal the day after Thanksgiving? Do you eat like the day before, very light or not at all?

I'm a light eater the next day, but LOVE this:

I start with toasted bread, spread cranberry sauce on one slice, and stuffing on the other, then I put my turkey on, warm it up in the microwave, and it's great!

Replies

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Cold white meat turkey sandwiches with mayo, lettuce and TONS of pickles!
  • Ronngie
    Ronngie Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I love turkey sandwiches, with cranberry sauce, mayo & stuffing. Sadly this year, this will not be happening.
  • rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    What is your favorite meal the day after Thanksgiving? Do you eat like the day before, very light or not at all?

I'm a light eater the next day, but LOVE this:

I start with toasted bread, spread cranberry sauce on one slice, and stuffing on the other, then I put my turkey on, warm it up in the microwave, and it's great!

Whipped cream. Maybe put it on some pumpkin pie if there's any left. But i'm good with just the whipped cream.....
  • d860
    d860 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Cold white meat turkey sandwiches with mayo, lettuce and TONS of pickles!
    + 1
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    Leftover wine! Oh wait, no such thing...
  • charelg
    charelg Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Turkey!!! Oh and mashed potatoes :)
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    Turkey sandwich with cranberry sauce....and sweet potatoes on the side. Yum!
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Cold turkey sandwich here and maybe a few bites of other left overs. Love the turkey sandwiches though.
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    turkey salad!
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    Tacos. (giggle) Yeah, tacos. (giggle) You know -- tacos. (giggle)
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Turkey, I love making turkey gravy sandwitches! Yum yumm!
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    I love turkey sandwiches, with cranberry sauce, mayo & stuffing. Sadly this year, this will not be happening.

WHY?
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options

WHY?
    Mayo shortages.
  • darleyschroeder
    Options
    I love a turkey sandwich. Whole wheat bread, turkey breast, swiss cheese and cranberry sauce.
    I usually eat light/regular the next day. This year I will eat whatever the heck I want on Thanksgiving and stick to my calorie goal the day after. Turkey is a wonderful protein.

I can't wait to have leftover turkey and whole wheat stuffing the next day!
  • daniel7121
    daniel7121 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Love left over stuffing with chile con queso and shredded turkey.. mmm...
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I like making mini sandwiches with the rolls. I break the roll in half and lightly spread cranberry on one side, and liberally spread gravy on the other side. Fill it with a bite of turkey, bite of taters, bite of stuffing, and microwave for about 15 seconds.

I also like shredding leftover turkey and putting it in the gravy and serving over mashed potatoes. Or to make open-faced sandwiches.
  • tanzmitpalmer
    tanzmitpalmer Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I just like turkey on a nice, hearty wheat bread with PILES of lettuce.

That, and I'll merrily polish off whatever cranberry sauce is left over.
  • Ronngie
    Ronngie Posts: 295 Member
    Options

WHY?
    I'm not bringing any leftovers home, except for turkey.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I make risotto. Turkey stock, chopped leftover turkey, a spoonful of gravy, sage, butternut squash, and top with a spoon full of cranberry sauce.

That.......and cold turkey straight from the fridge.

I also like to spoon leftover stuffing/dressing into muffin tins, top with a raw egg and bake. Delish breakfast muffin.
  • Hungrygirl88
    Options
    Just TURKEY .....total meat eater...over here. =)