Duck Dynasty

Options
Does anyone reading this watch this show? I absolutely love it! Si is my favorite character on the show. I know a lot of people don't like reality TV so you probably don't/wouldn't like it, but I think it's really funny. It is on A&E and is in the 2nd season. They are basically redneck millionaires (who manufacture duck and buck calls). Most of the people in the business are family and they are always goofing off while they are supposed to be working.

What TV shows are you interested in?

Replies

• n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    I graduated from Louisina Monroe and lived around there for 6 years. I like trying to see where they really are in Ouachita Parish.
  • TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    My Hubby & I watch this show and crack up all the time ,..we even watch the ones we've already seen!!!...lol...he calls me Si ..:laugh: ..because I can never remember how old sayings go...like 2 for the bird is 3 in the bush or whatever ya know those "sayings"..:laugh:
  • AmberLee2012
    Options
    Those sayings are the best!! I love the one where Si goes, I'm going to make a beaver call and become the beaver commander hahaha.
  • brentrhodes
    Options
    We LOVE Duck Dynasty. That and The Walking Dead. I've never been a big tv fan, but I will make it point to get home so i can watch these two. It's good TV Jack!
  • Taralynn555
    Options
    Love this show!!!!!
  • Stephendw9
    Stephendw9 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I can't pull myself away from that show....

I used to to watch Swamp People, but lost interest in the show after it was the same thing week after week. I ended up talking to Troy and Jacob Landry on a 4 hour flight when they were going to do a public appearance, let me tell you none of them are struggling by any means.

I work about 2 blocks away from where Sons of Guns is filmed, aka Red Jacket Firearms. But I never got into this show quite like Duck Dynasty. Maybe it was the fact it seemed staged, too extreme of guns being produced, or the fact they closed down access to streets if any cast was standing outside the building.

But between Si and his donut championship, Phil giving the words of wisdom for the youthful generation also having hope for every little girl to become a hunter, and Jase always messing with Willie, it leaves one always flipping to A&E.

Some favorite catch phrases:
    Willie: I'm about to go crazy redneck up in here.
    Si: Hey!
    Phil: Now we're cooking with peanut oil.
    And of course everyone knows in the words of Phil: Don't marry a yuppie girl.
  • brentrhodes
    Options
    Stephen, the way Phil interacts with the older grandkids is hilarious. My wife tells me every time, "that is you, verbatim, in 30 years!". lol! He told his grandsons, "reckon you boys need to run by the WalMart and pick up a couple personalities, Man."
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    We love that show. My 11 year old goes around saying "Hey, Jack" and "Happy, Happy, Happy".
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Hey can mean anything. It can mean yes, it can mean maybe, it could mean no, it could mean next week. Hey, the bottom line is you have to understand me to understand hey. -Si
  • sedwards9999
    sedwards9999 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hey! That's a great show Jack!

I do think a lot of it is staged though.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Hey! That's a great show Jack!

I do think a lot of it is staged though.

Of course, just like any "reality" show.