New Sleever

Options
Hi everyone. I am new on here. I am 21 days post op from being sleeved. Down 26 lbs. Still trial and error on my eating. Have problem of eating too fast. Glad to be here. :smile: Jenn

Replies

• stacylperry
    stacylperry Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Stacy :smile: and I also had the vertical sleeve 3 1/2weeks ago (October 24th) I totally get you, learning how to eat and learning to slow down is a bit of a struggle for me too :embarassed: . I'd love to chat with you. I'd love to hear your weight / weight loss story. You can friend me and I'll accept :flowerforyou: encouragement and support is what we need, and I'm here to give it :happy:
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    There is a sleeve group called VSGers. Feel free to join. Add me as a friend if you'd like. I'm over a year post-op. There are a whole bunch of sleevers here, although they don't post on the forums that much. Welcome!
  • Chopshopcop
    Chopshopcop Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hello Jenn. I'm 81 days out (mine was done Aug 30 ) and 34 lbs since the sleeve. I still have problems eating too fast as well, but a couple of episodes of severe stomach distress and the inevitable consequences will make you slow waayy down. Look at it like a learning process, you're basically having to learn to eat all over again. There will be some good days and some not so good days.

The fact that you're here now is one of your really good days. Welcome
  • Italiano7
    Italiano7 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    My name is Marjo and I got the lap band in July 2012 I wanted to get the sleeve but my insurance wouldnt cover it:grumble: I lost 25 lbs already its a slow but steady loss.. Feel free to add me!!
  • vickybeads
    vickybeads Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    :smile: Hi everyone. My name is Victoria and I was sleeved on 19 Nov 2012. I started my journey in 1991 when my thyroid went haywire, had to have most of it removed and I've been on a yo-yo ever since. Last year I said enough, with the money I had spent on exercise equipment, diet programs (Jenny Craig, Weight-Watchers, Fit for Life, Beyond Diet, Belly-Fat Diet, HCG, Food Lovers, you name it) I could have had surgery, so I did. I was at 215 and heading up and the opportunity arose for me to self-pay (I was 0.2 under the required 40 BMI) and I took it. Best decision I ever made.

Was/is it easy? NO, NO, NO. I learn something new every day. I still find foods that don't "sit" well. I take my Omeprazole every day and carry Zantac with me just in case; carry GasX strips; still take big bites (working on that one) and eat too fast (40 years of working full time tends to do that to you), BUT, I know I can change those habits and have.

Just started using My Fitness Pal, in conjunction with my BodyFit armband. I am down 42 lbs and 39 inches since my journey started. :bigsmile:
  • wannabe1959
    wannabe1959 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I had lap band on novembe 29th and I am 25 lbs down. I havent regretted it a minute. I have trouble eating too fast or too big of bites too. 50 plus years of eating habits dont disappear in a day. But I hadnt lost an ounce in many years, until now. It is a learning process. You will never eat the same again, but thats kinda the whole objective, isnt it?