Best chicken ball recipe ever - only 76 cal per ball!!!

Options
I found got this chicken ball recipe from the blogilates website but changed it slightly as I don't like fish sauce or onions.

It is only 76 cal per ball and is super yummy and does not taste like boring diet food. My boyfriend loves them. He eats 4 & I eat 2 with a massive plate of veges and salad. We get 2 nights out of this mix.

Chicken balls
500g minced chicken
1 green capsicum (bell pepper) diced
1 leek finely chopped
Garlic 3-4 cloves crushed
1 tsp paprika
Fresh chopped basil leaves
salt & pepper to taste
1 Tbd sweet soy sauce (kecap manis)
1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup dry oats
2 egg whites

Mix in a bowl. Roll into balls. Put into muffin tray, (or pastry case tray is better) don't press in hard. Use can use spray oil but add this to your cal count) Makes 12 balls.

You can double this recipe easily and put the left over balls in the fridge as protein snacks with about 9 gram per ball.

Extra soy sauce for dipping is yummy. 

If anyone tries it let me know how you like it.

Looking for new friends for motivation and yummy healthy recipe/snack ideas.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Pandy1962
    Pandy1962 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Double Post
  • Pandy1962
    Options
    Do you not have to cook it? or is it cooked chicken you use
  • cushydays
    Options
    Hi there

as I am so new to MFP I didn't know you had replied to my post. The minced chicken is raw before you start. You cook it in the oven in the muffin trays. : Hope this helps, you should really try it, it is super delicious.:smile:
  • meshamoo
    meshamoo Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Pandy1962
    Options
    Thanks,

me being a bit thick, underneath this brunette hair I think it must be blonde.

I often need idiot proof instructions and saying that,

what oven temp and for how long? LOL
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    sounds tasty!