Visalus 90 Day Challenge Support- no haters please

Options
Simply looking for anyone to share experiences and input. I am starting my Body By Vi Challenge next week and would love some recipes and motivation.

I have read a lot of negativity on this site and ask that you leave your opinions somewhere else.

I am just looking to drop a few pounds and have watched my friends do so on bbv, so I am trying it myself.

Looking for motivation not sarcasm :)

Replies

• RideaYeti
    RideaYeti Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    BBV has worked for me. I am on my 2nd 90 Day Challenge and am downa total of 36lbs. I love how the shakes taste and how easy it makes breakfast and lunch.

My go to recipes are:
    Peanut butter/ chocolate: 1tbsp cocoa powder with 2tbsp PB2 and 8oz. unsweetened almond milk (1% works too)

Cherry limeade: 1tbsp frozen limeade, 4 cherries, and 8oz milk

Snickerdoodle: 2tsp cinnamon, 1/2tsp vanilla, 8oz. milk

Berry: 3/4 cup frozen berry mix, 8oz milk

Mocha: 4oz black coffee and 4oz milk

There are also a ton of others here: http://visalus.com/products/shake-recipes
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I actually never heard of it (until I just now googled it :-)) but please share your progress and/or results.
  • AliciaStinger
    AliciaStinger Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I actually never heard of it (until I just now googled it :-)) but please share your progress and/or results.

Same here - I'm going to look into it.

To the OP, GOOD LUCK!
  • jhanitsch
    jhanitsch Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    BBV has worked for me. I am on my 2nd 90 Day Challenge and am downa total of 36lbs. I love how the shakes taste and how easy it makes breakfast and lunch.

My go to recipes are:
    Peanut butter/ chocolate: 1tbsp cocoa powder with 2tbsp PB2 and 8oz. unsweetened almond milk (1% works too)

Congratulations to you! That is the motivation I am looking for! I know some diets work for some and not for others but it sure is nice to see people have good outcomes. Thank you for the recipes! Cherry limeade sounds amazing! Can you tell me how many calories your dinner is? Do you try to keep within a certain range?
  • RideaYeti
    Options

My go to recipes are:

Congratulations to you! That is the motivation I am looking for! I know some diets work for some and not for others but it sure is nice to see people have good outcomes. Thank you for the recipes! Cherry limeade sounds amazing! Can you tell me how many calories your dinner is? Do you try to keep within a certain range?

I am trying to drop up to 2lbs/week so I shoot for a net intake of about 1400 calories. Of course your will be different depending on where you are and what your goals are. Typically, the shakes have about 215-250 calories each. I then try to have about 250 calories in snacks and keep dinner around 600-700. On days I get a good workout I will typically eat more. Though lately i have been so busy my dinners have not been as good as I like.
  • jhanitsch
    Options
    I am trying to drop up to 2lbs/week so I shoot for a net intake of about 1400 calories. Of course your will be different depending on where you are and what your goals are. Typically, the shakes have about 215-250 calories each. I then try to have about 250 calories in snacks and keep dinner around 600-700. On days I get a good workout I will typically eat more. Though lately i have been so busy my dinners have not been as good as I like.

That sounds really good. I want to stick with 1000-1200 calories a day. That's what my weight loss doctor suggested. It is a HUGE difference from what I consume now.
  • Reinalb
    Reinalb Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I too love the shakes, but for me I found it difficult to replace two meals a day. So right now I just replace one meal a day with the shakes and trust me you will feel the difference because it does give you a lot of energy!!!!
  • jhanitsch
    Options
    I too love the shakes, but for me I found it difficult to replace two meals a day. So right now I just replace one meal a day with the shakes and trust me you will feel the difference because it does give you a lot of energy!!!!

Energy I can definitely use! Can't wait! Good luck to you!
  • garciabnm
    garciabnm Posts: 138
    Options
    I'm on it and love it. Don't worry about the haters, what works for you is all that matters. I am on my 2nd 90 day challenge. So far down 93 lbs since the beginning of May. 2 shakes a day, one in the morning and one for dinner. Lots of energy, and really fills you up. i find it hard to reach any sort of colorie goals. Just remember one thing, the shakes alone will help, however, you really need a balance of cardio and weight training. Good luck
  • jhanitsch
    Options
    I'm on it and love it. Don't worry about the haters, what works for you is all that matters. I am on my 2nd 90 day challenge. So far down 93 lbs since the beginning of May. 2 shakes a day, one in the morning and one for dinner. Lots of energy, and really fills you up. i find it hard to reach any sort of colorie goals. Just remember one thing, the shakes alone will help, however, you really need a balance of cardio and weight training. Good luck

Congratulations to you! What motivation! You should be proud of your accomplishments. Thank you for sharing. I officially started today! I am replacing Breakfast and Lunch and I have planned a 400 calorie dinner and two 100 calorie snacks.
  • RideaYeti
    Options

Congratulations to you! What motivation! You should be proud of your accomplishments. Thank you for sharing. I officially started today! I am replacing Breakfast and Lunch and I have planned a 400 calorie dinner and two 100 calorie snacks.

Can't wait to see your success!
  • mandy2128
    Options
    I am on day 10 and I've lost just under 5 pounds. I only drink one shake a day. I mainly drink it because I have a sweet tooth. I always grab for dessert after a meal, and that wasn't helping me lose weight. So I started this shake to help with that and it's working. :) Good luck to you!
  • freenah
    Options
    I'm about to start this and am really excited about the progress all of you are making. I bought the shakes/powder off a friend who had some samples lying around so I haven't quite signed up to any websites where I can track my progress or join the 90 day challenge. Where can I do this? Rather, what sites have you guys signed up to?
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Can't wait to see how this works out for you.
  • FitnSassy
    FitnSassy Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    community > groups > search "visalus" or whatever "program" you want, may find less of the "dislike" in groups geared towards your chosen program.
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options

That sounds really good. I want to stick with 1000-1200 calories a day. That's what my weight loss doctor suggested. It is a HUGE difference from what I consume now.

I am only expressing concern for your low intake... just please listen to your body.
  • paulagj
    paulagj Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • bootsh
    bootsh Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Im on month 2 of the 90 day vi challenge. 2 shakes a day, about 600 cal dinner, a few snacks and a red wine now and then. Not having the results I was hoping for yet, but I'm gonna hang in. I also started doing hot yoga two weeks ago for 1 hour a day and walking about 40 minutes. Totally cut out bread and eating lots of green salads. I think my body is in shock and doesn't know what to do because of the drastic changes :)
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    In...

...so I have a convenient list of MFPers with excess income. No idea what I need that list for, but if I ever needed it, this would be my starting point.

Oh, and no hate here...only love. :flowerforyou: