MOTIVATION REQUIRED

Options
I am suffering from PCOS .. I have small multiple cyst in both the ovaries ... 2years before I lost my weight about 8kgs and weighed 65kgs by doing exercise everyday and burning 400 calories and eating 800-900 calories... I continued to eat those many calories for2 years then this January my weight started increasing to 67 kgs but I was following the same exercise pattern and eating those many calorie
This august I increased my calorie to 1300 but still gaining weight ..... I weigh now 75 kgs ...... I have changed my workout and do a bit less strenuous one since I am feeling lethargic after my workout.... do only 30min of cardio alternate days and 45 min of strength training alternate days.....
I had never been on metformin and I was able to loose weight before but now I am gaining my weight
I am 167cms tall , and weigh 75kgs...
My diary is open... any one can have a look and tell me where am I going wrong .... I am really depressed due to this weight gain...... is it normal for PCOS people?
Any sort of help would be appreciated

Replies

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Motivation not required.

Motivation is the spoonful of sugar that helps the medicine go down. We've all had enough sugar. And the medicine works without it.

Motivation is what makes it fun and a little easier but it is NOT ever the thing that actually gets you to workout and do the right things. What actually gets you to do it?

You.

Your determination, the self-discipline that you have taught yourself, the willpower to succeed, the dedication to a promise you made yourself.

not motivation - thats a treat.

Do it because you said you would. Do it because you have integrity. You can, you know. You just have to discipline yourself.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Also, if you are exercising regularly, 1300 calories is far too low. You're trying to get all the way to work but there's only enough gas in your tank to get you halfway.
  • jmzz1
    jmzz1 Posts: 670 Member
    Options

Your determination, the self-discipline that you have taught yourself, the willpower to succeed, the dedication to a promise you made yourself.

not motivation - thats a treat.

i had been doing it for a long time of around 2 years and suddenly without any knowledge the weight plateaud and then started increasing.......
  • carrief10
    carrief10 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey!

I don't have much advise for weight loss because I'm just starting to get back to being healthy today. BUT! I have PCOS too and I'm looking for other ladies who can tell me how they handle living with it.
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Your eating a lot of "carb filled" foods that are not good for your body..

the idea of losing weight with PCOS is to get your insulin levels to adjust and work normally, by exercising you increase insulin, however, you also have to control your food - If you have too much insulin in your body - it creates a blockage and it stores as fat.

Try switching out your carbs for "Complex Carbs" that will process slower in your body, Sweet Potatoes, WHole Grain Rice, Whole Wheat Bread - less fruit, more veggies, more protein!
  • jmzz1
    Options

the idea of losing weight with PCOS is to get your insulin levels to adjust and work normally, by exercising you increase insulin, however, you also have to control your food - If you have too much insulin in your body - it creates a blockage and it stores as fat.

Try switching out your carbs for "Complex Carbs" that will process slower in your body, Sweet Potatoes, WHole Grain Rice, Whole Wheat Bread - less fruit, more veggies, more protein!
    i have majority of my carbs from whole grains, lentils , vegetables , fruits........ i guess these are complex carbs....... but i feel my carb intake is mostly due to whole grains so is it harmful?
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options

i have majority of my carbs from whole grains, lentils , vegetables , fruits........ i guess these are complex carbs....... but i feel my carb intake is mostly due to whole grains so is it harmful?

harmful - no

But remember you have PCOS... with that comes insulin resistance, by adding more sugar to your body your only fueling it, by reducing your sugar, your forcing your body to use what is in your body instead of storing it as far.

These things are ok to have in moderation - but your over exceeding your carb intake on most days, and not even reaching your protein intake.. try replacing items that are heavy carbed with items with more protein.

*yesterday 59% of your carbs came from Simple carbs (biscuit, chips, white rice etc)
  • jmzz1
    Options

harmful - no

But remember you have PCOS... with that comes insulin resistance, by adding more sugar to your body your only fueling it, by reducing your sugar, your forcing your body to use what is in your body instead of storing it as far.

These things are ok to have in moderation - but your over exceeding your carb intake on most days, and not even reaching your protein intake.. try replacing items that are heavy carbed with items with more protein.

*yesterday 59% of your carbs came from Simple carbs (biscuit, chips, white rice etc)
    could u quote some good protein source apart from chicken , red meat and nuts?
  • jmzz1
    Options
    bump........
  • miart65
    miart65 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I also have PCOS and insulin resistance. I took metformin throughout high school, but got off of it when I started college. I gained 50 lbs within the first year and a half :/ I am now back on metformin and have been losing weight again. the South Beach diet has worked really well for me in the past to help jumpstart the weightloss. I try to balance carbs and proteins in my meals to keep the insulin more balanced, and try to limit the sweets.
  • jmzz1
    Options
    I also have PCOS and insulin resistance. I took metformin throughout high school, but got off of it when I started college. I gained 50 lbs within the first year and a half :/ I am now back on metformin and have been losing weight again. the South Beach diet has worked really well for me in the past to help jumpstart the weightloss. I try to balance carbs and proteins in my meals to keep the insulin more balanced, and try to limit the sweets.
    how many mg of metformin do u tend to take in a day
  • miart65
    miart65 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    i take 500 mg twice a day