I smile even when I'm crying..

Options
carryingon
carryingon Posts: 609 Member
I smile no matter what:smile: . When I am happy, sad, stressed, nervous. Actually when I am nervous I laugh hysterically:laugh: . I have been known to laugh hysterically even during cofession (which can be akward and seem unrepenatant). I have determined that these are self defense mechanisms.People can't tell when I am grieving because I hide my true emotions. Anyone else do this? What is your emotional self defense?

Replies

• RodSuarez
    RodSuarez Posts: 6,309 Member
    Options
    welcome to the club!

One time I was really mad / pissed off and I came into a rehearsal room with the pianist and said "just play this ****ing song I hate it and want to be done with it" then he played.... next time I saw him I apologized because I had been rude and he was like "rude? dude you were smiling and I believed you were kidding when you said this ****ing song" so I laughed like crazy
  • JosephVitte
    JosephVitte Posts: 2,039
    Options
    I don't know if I have an emotional defense, because I am emotional. I like that I have emotions, and am seemingly free to show them. Sometimes I do hide them, but that's for legal and otherwise purposes.
  • carryingon
    Options
    Yay! It's not just me!
  • spozzybear
    spozzybear Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I can be a bit passive-aggressive and show my emotion through sarcasm, which is something I am trying to work on fixing, as it's not healthy for me, or the people around me :noway:
  • carryingon
    Options
    I don't know if I have an emotional defense, because I am emotional. I like that I have emotions, and am seemingly free to show them. Sometimes I do hide them, but that's for legal and otherwise purposes.

I have emotions, I just hide behind my smile. One of my favorite poems is Please Hear What I'm Not Saying. Bing it if you have time. Just been thinking about my last year and a half. With children no matter how you feel, you have to fake it til you make it:ohwell:
  • fillesaine
    Options
    I usually smile on the outside when I am crying inside because I don't want people to know what is really going on. Sometimes it is just easier to keep my problems to myself, instead of getting everyone else's opinion on my life! Plus, a smile always makes the situation feel better...
  • carryingon
    Options
    fillesaine -TRUE:heart:
  • JosephVitte
    Options
    I usually smile on the outside when I am crying inside because I don't want people to know what is really going on. Sometimes it is just easier to keep my problems to myself, instead of getting everyone else's opinion on my life! Plus, a smile always makes the situation feel better...

I don't feel you need to get everyone elses opinion on your life, to show emotion. At least for me, it hasn't been the case, but then again, I'm a guy, so maybe people don't inquire as much as they would with a woman, or maybe they already know me too well:huh:
  • carryingon
    Options
    Joseph- I think that is the first pic of yours I've seen you smile in...nice:wink:
  • JosephVitte
    Options
    Joseph- I think that is the first pic of yours I've seen you smile in...nice:wink:

well, I was in a very nice hotel, and I do love birds. As well, i've been thinking about blogging about my lack of smiling in pictures, I've been getting enough comments/messages about it, might have to do a "My Friendly Confessional" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :happy: :tongue: :happy: :laugh: :laugh: :wink: :wink: :wink: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :flowerforyou:

Thanks though!