DIVE!!!

Options
Okay, so last night, I didn't just fall off the wagon. I jumped, leaped, took a huge nose dive - and on purpose. Not my wisest move. I knew it was close to my TOM and I knew that I was headed for disaster. Ever feel like everything is just wrong even though nothing has changed from the day before or the next day. My kids were wrong, my husband was wrong, my dog was even wrong. I sent my family away and ate, and ate, and ate...and even ate a little more. I wasn't even hungry. Knew full well what i was doing. Self-sabotage I suppose. And I feel so sick this morning. Trying to load up on water to see if I can flush it out as best as possible. Oh well, today is a new day. When we were going to sleep last night, I apologized to my kids for my bad 'tude and promised to be cheerful the next day. My 7-year-old daughter says, "Don't forget you promised!" Broke my heart. But then she add "Mom, you can't control your body". Body - not always. Mind - most definitely. So here is to my resolve of a better today not only for me, but for my beautiful 7-year-old girl, my adorable 6-year-old son, my loving husband of two years, and even my faithful dog - all of whom get my best promises...Thanks for reading...

Replies

• iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Okay, so last night, I didn't just fall off the wagon. I jumped, leaped, took a huge nose dive - and on purpose. Not my wisest move. I knew it was close to my TOM and I knew that I was headed for disaster. Ever feel like everything is just wrong even though nothing has changed from the day before or the next day. My kids were wrong, my husband was wrong, my dog was even wrong. I sent my family away and ate, and ate, and ate...and even ate a little more. I wasn't even hungry. Knew full well what i was doing. Self-sabotage I suppose. And I feel so sick this morning. Trying to load up on water to see if I can flush it out as best as possible. Oh well, today is a new day. When we were going to sleep last night, I apologized to my kids for my bad 'tude and promised to be cheerful the next day. My 7-year-old daughter says, "Don't forget you promised!" Broke my heart. But then she add "Mom, you can't control your body". Body - not always. Mind - most definitely. So here is to my resolve of a better today not only for me, but for my beautiful 7-year-old girl, my adorable 6-year-old son, my loving husband of two years, and even my faithful dog - all of whom get my best promises...Thanks for reading...
  • iojoi
    iojoi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Hi ya we all have bad days the trick is learnin from it and u seem to have
    take a look at ur diet maybe what ur eatin isnt satifyin enuf or u have a carb addiction?
    if not ask one of the more nutrician savvy members to help u with it
    i was starvin the 1st few days and realised i had to exercise so i cd eat enuf
    there r things u can do and people on here are so supportive
    so take a look and see if they can help u feel more confortable
    if its depression exercise helps enormously with that too
    good luck :flowerforyou:
  • iojoi
    iojoi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
  • iftcheiaf
    Options
    Momentary lapse of weakness. My saving grace was exercising for 1.5 hours hard core yesterday. I wasn't even going to log in the foods I ate last night, but then decided to be held accountable for my eating. I actually wasn't necessarily eating bad stuff (probably because we didn't have bad stuff in the house). Fortunately for me I guess my husband didn't get my text message about bringing me a hamburger. Boy was I mad at him when he got home about that one. Much groveling to be done today :smooched: :sad: :brokenheart: :flowerforyou: But today has begun for me and going pretty well. Just writing all this down helps me put it into perspective I think. Now that I see how I acted on paper (or computer), now I can actively change it. Guess I'm a visual kind of person. Thanks.
  • ladywalkalot
    ladywalkalot Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    You've got the right mind set.....it was just one day...its over....I firmly believe a positive attitude and energy helps with weight loss....you've got to see yourself losing the weight and feeling good and looking great!
    And, when the monthly bill comes, we all just pay our dues anyway....if you have to eat a little extra to make it thru those days....it is worth it to keep the 'tude away from you lovely fam!
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I was close to my TOM on Monday night and I actually ate really bad the entire day, then I sent my husband out for ice cream that night. Not just regular ice cream....I specified the chocolate one with the little bits of cake in it. I felt really sick after eating it (but I enjoyed it) and regreted it right away.

Anyway, some people just can't control those PMS cravings. I know that I am certainly one of them and if I have to give in every so often, I have to give in. And I have apologized to my 6-year old for being so 'crabby' as well, so you are certainly not the only one out there. Luckily, kids are great and can move on right away without holding a grudge!

Good luck...you'll get back on track right away!
  • iftcheiaf
    Options
    As bad as it sounds, misery loves company. So its good to know I'm not alone. One day out of 28-32 isn't bad i suppose. This is me climbing back on the wagon, albeit it slowly and with much effort now that I'm carrying all that extra yummies from last night in my belly...and thighs...a couple of pieces on my butt...how did that end up on my big toe? Oh well, I'll get up on that wagon eventually.