my shameful secret: full story no pix!

Options
13»

Replies

• dillydally123
    dillydally123 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I don't really know what to say but I couldn't read that and not respond. Best wishes with getting well and healthy. x :heart:
  • beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,910 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of you for sharing such a personal story, and it was very moving to me. Even though I don't know you, my heart breaks for you and all you are going through. May today be a day of new beginnings for you -- sending you best wishes and many hugs.
  • finding_sammi
    Options
    totally blown away by all the kind words and love n support I felt reading them (this time I had tears for a different reason :flowerforyou: ) I do feel better for sharing, and I know now that grief and all the emotions that go with, are just a process we have to go through, and no matter how many barriers we put up /distractions we give ourselves, to try and put off facing those feelings, the feelings dont actually go anywhere, just sit quietly waiting til you're ready to deal with and heal them :/ No scratch that, the feelings dont JUST SIT QUIETLY etc, they shout ever louder to be heard (with me to the point of clinical depression and illness)...

I'm ready to face all those demons now (aka the bad feelings/thoughts/memories) and du know, however tough it is, I'M GONNA MAKE IT :smile: Thank-you all so much for being part of my journey Home :heart:
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I think you will find, so many people on this site have given into food for emotional reasons similar (although not exactly like) you. I think that you are very brave for posting this on this site and I hope you do get better. Sorry for your loss, but hopefully you will begin to have a healthy relationship with food. :flowerforyou:
  • jwd28
    jwd28 Posts: 765
    Options
    Wow. What courage and strength you've shown by sharing such an intimate story with us. I can only hope that it has helped to lift the shame and guilt you've been carrying around.

I am so sorry to hear what your sister had to endure, and equally sorry about what you have had to endure as a result.

Very best wishes to you as you take your next steps toward a happier, healthier you.
  • finding_sammi
    Options
    just wanted to say that I started a group called: dancing with divas and demons. It's for anyone who wants to work on the reasons they have an unhealthy relationship with food and who would like to work on mental junk, not just get to their ideal size/weight whatever.

Thank-you all again for your kindness. You have helped me more than you can know xx