Denim: a love story

Options
let me bore you all with a story about denim. 
once upon a time, I discovered a pair of bootcut jeans. Though not hugely fancy, they were nice looking and looked good on, so I took a pair home in my usual size 14, which fit me perfectly. 

sadly, as denim sometimes does, these lovely jeans gave a little, leaving me slightly saggy bottomed. in vain, I tried tumble drying them, but the benefits were short lived. 

so, a month after the initial purchase, and with the knowledge of their 'give', I trekked back to the shop to see if I could lever myself into a 12. oh, the obscenity! flesh spilling in all directions! however, they did up, so I took them home, intending to wear them around the house until they became more socially decent. 

Three days of sleeping in them led me to defeat though, and I resigned them to the cupboard and got on with wearing my saggy bottomed friends. 

another month passed, and my distaste for laundry caught up with me. disaster! no clean jeans to clad my *kitten* in! in desperation, I began flinging items from my wardrobe, when my gaze fell upon the cast-aside jeans.. could it be possible??
possible! Those babies slid on as if cast from my own thighs! delight abounded, as I acknowledged my success in attaining the jeans size that I accept as my minimum.. strangely proportioned upper thighs have always meant that sizes smaller than 12 are a mere daydream. 

until today. say hello to my new, size 11 jeans! same style, three and a half months later!
41104D4E-31CE-4D39-845D-143266030E89-11443-0000152E50DD168E.jpg

Replies

• troys1981
    troys1981 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Lol love it!!!!! Congrats on ur accomplishment!!!
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!!!! Great feeling ain't it. I had a similar experience this morning with a top - my 4 year old said I looked like a dragon. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.
  • MissSusieQ
    MissSusieQ Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    a dragon? that can only be a good thing, dragons are known to be quite cool!
  • Lns25
    Lns25 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!!!! :):) What a wonderful feeling!
  • babycakes1970
    babycakes1970 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I myself have gone from a size 22 all the way down to a 12. My next goal is size 10. 11 would be geat too. I have been shopping for even sizes for so long that I plum forgot that odd sizes existed.
  • reallyvillie
    Options
    Yay! Fitting into the jeans that you bought in hopes to fit in one day is such an awesome feeling :) Good job!
  • NaturallyOlivia
    NaturallyOlivia Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    too cute! i had a similar victory myself last week. same size jeans.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!