Favorite Harmless Fill-Up Foods

Options
What are your favorite harmless foods to fill-up on when you're extra hungry? I think we all have days when we just feel more hungry than other days. When you have a hunger hit a little extra hard, what harmless/helpful foods are your favorite to combat the hunger?

For me, a nice cup of Vegatable Juice hits the spot, but beware of the sodium.
Another, I like, is pickles, but, of course you have to watch the sodium with that, as well.

Replies

• ParkerH47
    ParkerH47 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I love pickles to!
    I also like straight up cucumber, and baby carrots :)
  • SeaJenni
    SeaJenni Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    soybeans and any kind of fresh berry
  • LosetheCrumbs
    LosetheCrumbs Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Sliced cucumbers with sliced pickled beets, tomatoes, a hint of cayenne pepper, a little balsamic vinegar, and some garlic salt. If I'm also looking to satisfy a need or craving for protein, I add some sliced Oscar Mayer Natural Selects roast turkey. A HUGE bowl of this with all of the ingredients is well under 100 calories (actually just about 70). Mmmmm
  • rahmyers
    rahmyers Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Popcorn! kale chips, spaghetti squash, pickles,
  • SophieSLP
    SophieSLP Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Great post!

Apples,
    shiritaki noodles,
    mushrooms,
    butternut squash
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    cucumber "chips" and dip made with greek yogurt mixed with whatever dip flavoring I have on hand (onion soup mix, mint, dill, lemon pepper ect)
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I make popcorn with my awesome Stir-Crazy popcorn maker. A teaspoon of coconut oil (43 calories) and 1/4 cup popcorn (110 calories) makes a big bowl of deliciousness for only 153 calories!
  • isitsororo
    Options
    God, I need this thread like nobody's business. Taking notes!
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I love this post! I'm always looking for low calorie snack ideas for when hunger strikes.

I like to make zucchini "chips" ( http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=2718 )
    Cucumbers or baby carrots plain
    Apple or pear slices
    Goldfish
    Popcorn
    Whole almonds (unsalted), and I sometimes mix them with some raisins and/or a few goldfish to make a mini trail mix sort of thing.
    Celery sticks with a little peanut butter (I have to portion out a 1/2 tbsp though so that I don't go over board with the peanut butter calories)
    Yoplait light fat free yogurt (The dessert ones actually taste like the real thing. The banana cream pie and red velvet cake are my favorites and they're only 90 calories!)
    Oh and I also love pickles!
  • Sherrylouann
    Options
    I looked up your recipe, so going to try it along with the other differant ways to make them!!!!
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    watermelon is my favorite. It is cool, sweet and juicy...it is filling as well. I liked some of these new ideas too, thanks
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I looked up your recipe, so going to try it along with the other differant ways to make them!!!!

Thanks! I found it on Pinterest a while back and I absolutely love them. If you discover any other good variations definitely let me know! :smile:
  • Sharkington
    Options
    A glass of soy milk hits the spot when I need a little extra something to fill me up. Also, bananas help - and cucumbers!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    raw cauliflower, ruby red grapefruit, chopped cabbage as salad
  • ThePartyGoblin
    Options
    I am all about seedless grapes and pomegranates! Poms keep my hands busy so it's a really nice snack for when you're a bit bored, too! Bananas are also perpetually on my shopping list, I can't get enough of them!
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    0002400057982_500X500.jpg

105 calories for the whole can.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Cherry tomatoes, cherries, kiwi, berries alone or with some milk/cream and splenda, nectarines alone or with some corn flakes or baked with cinnamon, turkey breast (the least processed you can find) in a lettuce wrap or on a bagel thin with tomato and/or avacado for moisure, celerery with a touch of ranch or peanut butter, simple salad with fat free itialian mixed with ranch, corn on the cobb with a bit of butter and garlic or even chili powder, protein shake, pickles, plain greek yogurt with some sugar free preserves, 1-2oz piece of leftover meat....

Almost forgot to say SOUP!!! Way filling for the calories. Best if you make it yourself of course, but progresso or cambells works in a pinch.

Good topic!
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    At the moment I'm going for clementines or pickled onions.