This is why I will ALWAYS stick to heavy weights...

Options
As my friends on MFP know, I spent 4 days with my best friend who was home from Active Navy Duty.
Four days straight of eating bad!!!
Four days of pizza, burgers, fries, beers:drinker: , pasta, chocolate cake, more pizza, garlic bread, mash potatoes with bcaon bits and buttered pocorn. Litterally thats all I ate. Absolutely no gym time for those four days.
I was sure I'd see a weight gain of 7 lbs solid!:noway:

Well today as I was getting ready to go to the gym, I stepped on the scale just to see what the damage was and I was only 1lb heavier than my last week's weigh in.....
Annnnd I was fully clothed!

I am convinced that the HITT training & heavy lifting has sped up my metabolism, my body was able to burn all this junk food off.

Oh yea Im bad to the bone!
:bigsmile:

Replies

• spozzybear
    spozzybear Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Ok you have sooooo convinced me to start lifting weights!
  • miadhail
    miadhail Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Oh yea Im bad to the bone!
    :bigsmile:

*sings George Thorogood's Bad to the bone*

hehe way to go! and way to get that song stuck in my head.
  • brooshie
    brooshie Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    that's how it was for me! i had a week of just binge eating & drinking while on vacation, came back and i had actually lost .5 somehow! (maybe all that walking in between pubs? :) ) it was a great feeling knowing that i must have done some long term good with my metabolism
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Heavy lifting is awesome and gives great result. However, from my understanding, you can speed up your metabolism by running or even walking too. Simply need to be more active really :)

Honestly, just do whichever workout you enjoy. Be it heavy lifting or low weights or walking or skipping ropes or playing football. Just... move!
  • bufger
    bufger Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I'm seeing similar things happen with me. Most of the time i'm really good but last week I had a night out and ate some bad things on a few of the days. I also skipped one training session because i couldnt get childcare. I still ended up losing becuase im convinced my matabolism is now working with me instead of against!
  • MariaChele85
    MariaChele85 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'm seeing similar things happen with me. Most of the time i'm really good but last week I had a night out and ate some bad things on a few of the days. I also skipped one training session because i couldnt get childcare. I still ended up losing becuase im convinced my matabolism is now working with me instead of against!
    Feels great!!!
    I love you metabolism:love:
  • milleyea
    milleyea Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • ErinRibbens
    ErinRibbens Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Awesome! And that's why I'm not worried about Thanksgiving (which for us will be 5 days long!) at ALL. I'll be out of town so can't do weights but will go for a run a few days. And all that muscle will still be burning up all those calories! Taking 4 days off weights is actually a good thing on occasion, when you get into the heavy stuff, it allows for a full recovery. I find I can usually go up higher in weight after a break like that.
  • MariaChele85
    Options
    Awesome! And that's why I'm not worried about Thanksgiving (which for us will be 5 days long!) at ALL. I'll be out of town so can't do weights but will go for a run a few days. And all that muscle will still be burning up all those calories! Taking 4 days off weights is actually a good thing on occasion, when you get into the heavy stuff, it allows for a full recovery. I find I can usually go up higher in weight after a break like that.
    Yes, I really think my body was resting and rovering from the heavy lifting. Feels great to be able to eat all that yummy crap with out fear of gaining weight.
  • MariaChele85
    Options
    Ok you have sooooo convinced me to start lifting weights!
    DO IT DO IT DO IT!!!
    IT'S THE BEST THING YOU CAN DO FOR YOURSELF!