Finally, I'm NORMAL!

Options
al369
al369 Posts: 170 Member
As of today, I have a normal BMI!!

I weighed in at 154 this morning (and am 5'5"). My high weight when I started back on MFP was 176. I've lost 22 lbs (one more than my ticker) within 3 months.

I only been in the normal BMI range one other time and it was only for about 6 months in college. I've always been overweight. I am so excited to be here!

Next goal, get in a solid size 6. Then get to my 145 goal. Then reevaluate.

I know my accomplishment is quite moderate compared to others on here, but at one point in time I didn't think it was possible. So, I'm celebrating and looking forward to getting to my ultimate goal.

Replies

• gerripho
    gerripho Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Congrats! A+ grade so far!
  • tammyj83
    tammyj83 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Great work, congrats!
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You're doing awesome!:drinker:
  • FullOfWinToo
    Options
    I made it to normal BMI last week and you bet your skinny *kitten* I shared it.
    keep up the good work!
  • prjoy98
    prjoy98 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! That was pretty much my story and i'm so happy being at 145 and a size 6 (smallest of my adult life!)
    Now aiming for the 140lb mark just because I can.
    Keep up the great work and add me if you'd like!
  • al369
    Options
    I made it to normal BMI last week and you bet your skinny *kitten* I shared it.
    keep up the good work!

lol. Well, congrats to us both! :flowerforyou:

And jeez, I got my own height wrong in my OP. I'm 5'6". :embarassed:
  • Dad_of_3
    Dad_of_3 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Don't belittle your success as compared to others. Fantastic job!
  • forbiddendonut
    forbiddendonut Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    That is quite an accomplishment, and DEFINITELY worth mentioning! I haven't been in the normal category for nearly 10 years. I hope I'm not far behind you! :wink:
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That was one of my biggest milestones - - I didn't like knowing that I was considered overweight scientifically. It's a big accomplishment, and now you can worry about perfecting things. Welcome to normal.
  • shimmergal
    shimmergal Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! awesome job!
  • njmp
    njmp Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Great feeling isn't it???
  • al369
    Options
    Thanks everyone! It really is a great feeling. I imagine this may be more fulfilling than my goal. I guess I'll just have to wait and find out!
  • SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel
    Options
    You've done very well! I have about 7lb to go before I'm normal! ;)
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Well done! I started out exactly the same as you. I'm 5'4, and my highest point was probably 187lbs (after I lost loads of weight in secondary school). I am now 166lbs and would love to be where you are! You are a great motivation to me. :)
  • bethygirlie
    bethygirlie Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! I can't wait til I get to 154! Only 19 more pounds. :) Can't wait to see that "normal" on the chart for once in my life lol

p.s. congrats!! I'm so happy for you!
  • sicoe17
    sicoe17 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Don't sell yourself short, that's a huge accomplishment! You're doing awesome, keep it up!
  • nikkinoonarr
    Options
    What a brilliant accomplishment, you have done so well. It feels amazing to be "normal" I'm so happy for you.

Don't ever think that what you have achieved is small, whenever I feel like my loss is small compared to others I google fish that weigh the amount I have lost,

I hope this chap don't mind, this is a 21 lb fish! MASSIVE!!!!!!

marcus21lb-1.jpg
  • zannyzanzanzibar
    zannyzanzanzibar Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, well done!! Keep up the great work :)
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    congrats! this is huge acomplishment!
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Excellent work. Keep up the effort!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!