body media FIT

Options
Hey guys

im thinking of buying a device to monitor how much calories i burn every day.
Any reports from people who have used body media fit? Is it easy to use and reliable?

What about striiv or fitbit???

Replies

• Taratruex
    Taratruex Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I use one daily. It is extremely reliable and i see a loss every week. I would strongly recommend the BodyMedia arm band. I have been using it for a little over a year.
  • lisab0864
    Options
    I've had my BodyMedia Fit for almost 2 years and love it... For me the calorie burn it displays have been very accurate... Tried giving it up at the beginning of the year but............only lasted a month before strapping it back on.
  • melissarina
    melissarina Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I had a fitbit and I loved it! I paid more attention to the steps and flights of stairs each day, I wasn't too fussed with the daily calorie burn - if I wanted to know the specific burn for a specific activity, I'd wear my HRM.
  • Nehaagg
    Nehaagg Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    for all the HRM users.. do you keep your device on all day??

Does it get uncomfortable having ur body media fit armband on ur arm every day?
    Can you place the device anywhere other than ur arm thats more discreet?
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I don't even feel my body media half the time...

I love using my body media and it's very nice to see where I am at during the day and how I can improve!

The armband has to be placed on your upper arm (opposite of your dominant)
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Does it get uncomfortable having ur body media fit armband on ur arm every day?
    Can you place the device anywhere other than ur arm thats more discreet?

It has to go on your arm - but after awhile you dont notice it, you miss it when its gone (Im not kidding!) since the syncing with MFP now its fabulous and really gives you an accurate read on cals - and they are 20% off right now!
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE my bodymedia. I'd have never imagined I'm burning as many calories as I really am. I gained 5lbs, and then got stuck. Since getting my BMF I'm finally seeing that break away!
  • jessejames3ball
    Options
    I have a Fitbit on me all the time and a HRM. I only use the HRM when working out though.
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    I use the bodymedia core. LOVE it! I think it is right on target, my results reflect that.

I don't even notice the armband.

I decorated mine with a skin of kissing lips, because I think I am loving myself by doing this. :bigsmile:
  • jessejames3ball
    Options
    What is the online activity manager all about?
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    What is the online activity manager all about?

The Online Activity Manager, allows you to see your data all in one spot, it gives your graphs for your calories burned, eaten, activity, sleep, etc. Here is a little sample of the data you will see in the activity manager. (you can go to my blog if you want to see more as this is where I pulled this from)

dooozn.jpg
  • echamin
    echamin Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I just got mine today and it's charging right now. I did want know does it sync to the site automatically or do you have to hook it up to the computer? For example how did you know you needed to work out more?

Thanks!
  • serenapitala
    serenapitala Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    This sounds awesome! I'm getting a bodymedia for christmas and I'm really excited. It's really helpful to read everyone else's experience.
  • es2189
    es2189 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I just got mine today and it's charging right now. I did want know does it sync to the site automatically or do you have to hook it up to the computer? For example how did you know you needed to work out more?

Thanks!

You have to hook it up to the computer.