Hello from the Mitten State

Options
Hello!
My name is Tammy. I'm 41 years olds. Will be turning 42 the beginning of Feb. Mom to 4. (an angel above, 19, 14 and 11) Married to since Oct. 16 of 1999 to Tim. He is an over the road truck driver. My oldest son, Zack is in his second year of college. I cried when he left and got his own place near campus. James (14) is my jumping bean. He will be doing hurdles in track this year. Brooklynne (11) is the sweet and sour patch kid.LOL! Did I ever have that much attitude? My angel above is Brittany. She was stillborn as a result of a car accident (91) I was in when I was 7 months pregnant.
My step dad passed away of cancer (2 years this April) On his death bed, he told me I needed to get my weight under control cause when u r obese you are at higher risk for certain cancers. I had lost 74 pounds.
But I let the stress of handling things turn to food controlling me, when my dad was killed in an animal attack.Will be 2 years in May.
Handling his death and the estate and everything brings out the best in families. NOT!! Besides losing my dad I lost my 2 brothers when they did not get their way with the handling of the estate.They decided not to have anything to do with me and my family. I don't think it is that hard to understand that the estate has to be deal with things certain ways (legally) not how they want it dealt with.
In the last year, I have realized that I'm alot stronger than I give myself credit for. Now I just need to show it when it comes to eating and exercising. I need to not over stress myself by thinking...OMG, I need to lose half of my body weight. To bad you can't get fit and tone just watching exercise dvds.
If you are looking for a fitness pal to help "walk" with you on the path to a healthy life, please add me.

Replies

• mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Hi there - Welcome to MFP! You definitely need to just take one day at a time to recommit every single day to being healthier. Mak small goals which are easier to reach than larger ones. I'm from Detroit originally and will send you a friend request.
  • TammyLynne71
    TammyLynne71 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I hear you about the small goals. Better to start with baby steps instead of the full sprint.
  • abbylady
    abbylady Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm also in the Mitten! Welcome to MFP!

Your small goals are nothing but admirable. Best of luck to you!
  • Kiralai
    Kiralai Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I live in the mitten as well! Best of luck, Tammy! You can do it!

I'm sorry for the loss of your father and your precious angel.
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Welcome Mom2bz,

You will be able to reach your goals and become more healthy, my advice is to record here everything you eat aand fit in some exercise at least 3x a week. Good luck, u can do this!!!!

Linia
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    WELCOME!!, i am 41, anyone can add me, i am on EVERY day!