6 Months In and 50lbs Lighter! (Pics)

Options
I made the decision to change my life for the better on 26th May, & since then I haven't looked back! I've always been on the bigger side, even as a teenager. And having kids has meant my weight has fluctuated a lot in the past few years, but I always seemed to stick around 210lbs. In May I got up to my heaviest non-pregnant weight: 220lbs. I was pretty disgusted with myself and I knew I had to do something about it.

People ask me how I've lost the weight & ask me for my "secret", but as many of us have found on here there isn't a secret to it at all. I don't starve myself.. far from it! I rarely feel hungry & I still have days when I go over my calories, I still eat junk occasionally & I still enjoy a drink or 3. It's all about finding a balance. In general, I average about 1400-1500 cals a day. I try and run 3 times a week & the rest of the time I do a lot of walking or step exercises.

I still want to lose another 20lbs but I'm a lot happier with myself for now. I'm in no rush to lose the rest! :)

Here are my stats:

6ft tall
SW: 220lbs - size 18
CW: 170lbs - size 12 in tops, 14 in jeans
GW: 150lbs

And now for some pictures!!

220lbs
220lbs.jpg

200lbs
201lbs.jpg

170lbs
171lbs-1.jpg

And a comparison in the same grey pants.. They're a bit loose on me now! 215lbs on the left, 170 on the right.
40lbsdifference.png

Replies

• JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Good Job!!!
  • MsJayeKaye
    MsJayeKaye Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Great job! My stats are pretty close to yours. I'm 5'7", started at 222lbs, I lost 7 lbs before starting MFP in June of this year and have lost 41lbs. so far using this site. My goal is to lose about 10 more to get down to around 165. I started off wearing size 18 pants and am now able to get into a size 12. Keep up the great work. You look amazing. I'm motivated to post before and after pics once I reach my goal. Thanks for sharing.
  • tidetevo
    tidetevo Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    It is weird that a tatoo can change place loll anyway...good job
  • jelbelle2013
    Options
    Wow! You look fantastic!! We have a similar body type, so it's very motivating to know if I work hard enough I can see results. Sometimes I feel like even at my goal weights, I won't look any different!
  • PlayDoh1234
    PlayDoh1234 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Wow!! You should be so produ of yourself! Hard work pays off!!!
  • penith113
    penith113 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look fantastic at 170! Great job!:flowerforyou:
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Well done! And I so agree there is no "big secrets" but pure determination and mindful of what we eat and to get our activity in!
  • kristieprn
    kristieprn Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I thought so too at first but the pics are to blame. One was taken by someone else and another she took of herself in the mirror.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    These are amazing!
  • stepmark
    stepmark Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh! Look at you! Great job!
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Nice work Zanny!! You ROCK!!!
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Really awesome progress! Thank you for sharing!!!
  • LNPurdie
    LNPurdie Posts: 84 Member
    Options

I think one is taken in a mirror, so makes sense.

Great job
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Congrats and you look great
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    u look GREAT!! fantastic jobb!!
  • DCpaleochick
    DCpaleochick Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I made the decision to change my life for the better on 26th May, & since then I haven't looked back! I've always been on the bigger side, even as a teenager. And having kids has meant my weight has fluctuated a lot in the past few years, but I always seemed to stick around 210lbs. In May I got up to my heaviest non-pregnant weight: 220lbs. I was pretty disgusted with myself and I knew I had to do something about it.

People ask me how I've lost the weight & ask me for my "secret", but as many of us have found on here there isn't a secret to it at all. I don't starve myself.. far from it! I rarely feel hungry & I still have days when I go over my calories, I still eat junk occasionally & I still enjoy a drink or 3. It's all about finding a balance. In general, I average about 1400-1500 cals a day. I try and run 3 times a week & the rest of the time I do a lot of walking or step exercises.

I still want to lose another 20lbs but I'm a lot happier with myself for now. I'm in no rush to lose the rest! :)

Here are my stats:

6ft tall
    SW: 220lbs - size 18
    CW: 170lbs - size 12 in tops, 14 in jeans
    GW: 150lbs

And now for some pictures!!

220lbs
    220lbs.jpg

200lbs
    201lbs.jpg

170lbs
    171lbs-1.jpg

And a comparison in the same grey pants.. They're a bit loose on me now! 215lbs on the left, 170 on the right.
    40lbsdifference.png

AMAZING...You look good girl!!!!! Well Done :) very inspiring
  • rosilyn7
    rosilyn7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress!!!!! keep up the good work!!
  • lorettaasmith
    lorettaasmith Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Because of your height, you looked good even at your highest weight....BUT in the recent pictures, you look fantastic!! Way to go! Keep it up!
  • Colleen118
    Colleen118 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    You look AWESOME!!! I started 6 months ago today with Stats similar to your own, only I'm a bit more vertically challenged at 5'4". I know you are feeling great! Keep up the fantastic work!
  • fusion777
    Options
    Great job!! Thanks for sharing!! :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!