I AM PROUD OF YOU! And nice to meet you :)

Options
Hello, all!

My name is Melissa and I am a 20 year old college student that attends Ball State University- GO CARDINALS, CHIRP, CHIRP!

Looooong story short I love helping and supporting people. I am a real fat girl that is on her way to becoming something that I never dreamed possible until 12.24.2011- the day my fiancé asked me to marry him. :) I know! He's the best and most importantly- he believes in me.

I want to walk down that aisle with my old friends that haven't seen me in pure shock of my transformation. And most importantly, I want to make his knees weak at the thought of where I was and where I am(will be). 8.16.2016 here I come!

I, like many of you have gone through diet after diet and given up- that being said I know that there are some days of struggle ahead. I need some people to push me and support me by liking the things that I do, messaging me, anything! This is a journey and I am willing to hold your hands along the way!

Replies

• Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your upcoming marriage. You have the right attitude and I believe that you will reach your goals.
  • hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Hey congratulations on your future marraige, you sure are in the right place to get the support you want, just remember to support in return.
  • body_in_progress
    body_in_progress Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hey there and welcome :)
    I think we have all done the on again off again diet which never did anything, I have found MFP to be the best network of support as people on here get excited for you when you say "I went for a walk today" when people in your own home kind of look at you like you want a medal! A walk is sooo good and we all know how hard it is to sometimes get off our butts and do that :)
    Add me if you like :)
  • jelbelle2013
    Options
    Congrats!! I'm 20 as well, and definitely want to transform myself from that self-conscious girl I was in high school. But nothing is more motivating than a wedding! Good luck! I'll add you!
  • thanich2006
    thanich2006 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Its great that you want to make that change, and that you have the support of your fiancé. Add me as a friend if you like :happy: