Another Topic about Women Getting Bulky from Weights

Options
This makes me nervous posting these, because I hate sharing pictures of myself... but I thought that any proof out there that can show women that lifting will help your core and will not make you bulky is beneficial. I have only been lifting for 3 weeks on the NROLFW program, but I am LOVING it and seeing results already! The first two pictures were taken about a month ago after doing the Insanity program... I thought I looked pretty decent then. The second two pictures were taken last night after finishing lifting. I know there isn't a huge difference, I've only been on the program for a few weeks, but I am actually 5 pounds HEAVIER in the second two pictures. I'm only 5'0 so 5 pounds makes a big difference on my frame... but as you can see, I don't look heavier. I've stopped paying attention to the scale and I actually only do cardio 1-2 days a week now if I feel up to it haha.

Shortened version- don't be afraid to lift heavy.

PS. I hope the pics work, I've never uploaded any before.

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

Replies

• xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    AAAAnd the pictures didn't work. Can someone help me?
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options

change the IMG to lower case letters.
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    the tags should be lower case

ETA: And you look great!!
  • Rawr1978
    Rawr1978 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    not sure...hit one of the other links.
    aside- weights are working for MY weight loss :-)
  • Pandasarecool
    Pandasarecool Posts: 508 Member
    Options

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

Iimg]photo4.jpg
  • Pandasarecool
    Pandasarecool Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Change the IMG to lower case img
  • TrekkieChic
    TrekkieChic Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    This makes me nervous posting these, because I hate sharing pictures of myself... but I thought that any proof out there that can show women that lifting will help your core and will not make you bulky is beneficial. I have only been lifting for 3 weeks on the NROLFW program, but I am LOVING it and seeing results already! The first two pictures were taken about a month ago after doing the Insanity program... I thought I looked pretty decent then. The second two pictures were taken last night after finishing lifting. I know there isn't a huge difference, I've only been on the program for a few weeks, but I am actually 5 pounds HEAVIER in the second two pictures. I'm only 5'0 so 5 pounds makes a big difference on my frame... but as you can see, I don't look heavier. I've stopped paying attention to the scale and I actually only do cardio 1-2 days a week now if I feel up to it haha.

Shortened version- don't be afraid to lift heavy.

PS. I hope the pics work, I've never uploaded any before.

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

Wow! You look great! I'm also only 5'0!
  • onarainbow
    Options
    photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

imgphoto4.jpg
  • kendzini13
    kendzini13 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Looks great! I kinda started lifting today, but still a little bit intimidated at my gym, will work on it. I understand that lifting is great for the body, but maybe try incorporate more cardio for it's other benefits as well? Even if it's cardio with weights, like high reps of low resistance at a fast pace. Keep up the good work!
  • juliebmomof3
    juliebmomof3 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    LOVE THIS! I started lifting recently because of women like you. I want a stomach like that lol. What do you do to work your core like that?
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! :love:
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Great job.

I am also short (4'11'') and just on purpose gained 10 pounds. Part of it was fat for sure but this 130 pounds does not look like it did when I was losing weight.

Love muscles :)
  • MariaChele85
    MariaChele85 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Love this!!!I gained 10lbs in 4 weeks when I went to heavy lifting! You are awesome!
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Wow, holy crap serious? Way too bulky girl, muscles are popping out left and right....

jk, you look great, I totally agree women should lift.
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    great progress!
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! You are all too kind. I was so nervous posting these, but the positive feedback makes me feel great :flowerforyou:

LOVE THIS! I started lifting recently because of women like you. I want a stomach like that lol. What do you do to work your core like that?

All of the lifting workouts in NROLFW incorporate the core in ways you wouldn't ever guess. Even doing simple squats or deadlifts with a barbell makes you tighten your core and use it in different ways. I haven't done a sit up or crunch since I started the program :laugh:
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    u look GREAT! fantastic job!!! i love to lift weigths and have been doing it for years,,,of course i fell off the bandwagon and im now starting from scratch. BUT women do have a negative outlook on weights! makes no sense. Fantastic job! u look super lean
  • SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely FABULOUS!
    Ive ordered a weight bench today, seeing the amazing results of the girlies has really spurred me on and being a fellow shortie Im hoping to look as good!!!
  • Nix143
    Nix143 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Had this same convo with someone on Facebook last night - I want to tone but I don't want to look like Fatima Whitbread! - 5 minute lecture later and hopefully my friend has enough pointers to start finding her way through to lifting.

I love it.

I've been eating healthier for 2 and a half months, I've been lifting for a month - I have lost 14lbs in weight but gone down TWO dress sizes - UK16 to 12 (US14 to 10). It is honestly THE most amazing thing I have ever done for myself, my self image, my self confidence and my body shape.

You look great, thanks for posting and keep up the good work!