Therapy ending, is this a good way to thank my therapist?

Options
Lasityttö
Lasityttö Posts: 79 Member
I already posted this on my profile, and a group forum. But as I really want answers to this, I'll post it here too.

Whether you have any experience of therapy or not, please comment. My therapy is ending, and I want to let my therapist know how thankful I am (I know she already knows, but still). I made a card-thingy that says "thank you for" and then some things I am thankful of. Not nearly all of them, but that would take a lot more than a card. I also made a little stuffed creature, a character I've been drawing over the years and she has seen many times in my diaries etc. The stuffed version is not that cute or perfect, but as we've been working on me being less demanding of myself, I thought I'd let it be as it is. Now do these things sound like a good gift to her?

And thanks to anyone who answers.

Replies

• CyclingAddict
    Options
    I think that would be appropriate. Personal and not lavish. I'm sure the therapist will appreciate it.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    She'll love it!
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Sounds nice.

I would have written in the card only, "Thanks for all the therapy." but that's just my weird sense of humour.
  • jrsey86
    jrsey86 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm sure she'd love it. After knowing you for so long, she'll think the stuffed gift is absolutely perfect. Congratulations, hun! :drinker:
  • Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I bet it would make her day =)
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    A great idea - she will enjoy it.

Congratulations on doing the work.
  • katrwal
    katrwal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    it is a very nice thing to do... i think she'll really appreciate it.
  • tubbyelmo
    tubbyelmo Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Excellent idea, I'm sure she will really appreciate it, so thoughtful of you!
  • raynavarro
    Options
    I still have personal cards and soem drawings from patients I had 20 years ago. They mean a lot.
  • tonyacoursey
    tonyacoursey Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    When I ended my therapy I cried and shook his hand. I wish I had thought to go the route you are taking. Great job!
  • SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Such a thoughtful idea! Im sure she'll love it x x
  • Lasityttö
    Options
    Congratulations, hun! :drinker:

Not really my choice that it'll end, but oh well. (State won't pay anymore and I don't have the money to pay for it myself, except for everyone now and then, monthly or so. Somehow we're considering this to be "the end" anyway.)

Thanks everyone, for some reason I'm nervous about this and needed reassurance.
  • ravengirl1611
    ravengirl1611 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    sounds perfect to me.
  • Thokiz
    Thokiz Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Sounds like the perfect thank you gift.
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    what a thoughtful gesture!

she will love it - its meaningful without being over the top.

wish i had clients like yourself when i used to counsel :)
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I was expecting to read something FAR more inappropriate / creepy. I don't think this sounds bad at all.
  • AnnabellKE
    AnnabellKE Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    That sounds great...I'm sure she'll love it!
  • Lasityttö
    Options
    Honestly, I was expecting to read something FAR more inappropriate / creepy. I don't think this sounds bad at all.

What? Oh, eww, no. Haha. :laugh: I guess I could have thought about the title a little more.
  • talaysia3
    talaysia3 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I think that's a wonderful idea. I wish I would have done that when my therapy ended..I wasn't ready for mine to end either, but I was at the end of the allowed visits.
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    That is perfect!