Junk Eaters Annonymous

Options
Yep, this is where we gather. The forum of 'shame'...but also the forum of 'we can do it!'.

It is hard, it's out there taunting us. We buy it, we eat it. We throw it away and spray it with lysol. LOL

It's a part of our lives, if you LOVE junk.

But as we continue on our journey, we can take heart that we don't eat as much of it each day. We don't crave it as much...and our habits WILL get better.

What is your biggest craving? What do you do to conquer it? How do you allow yourself to have just a bit, so that you can move on with your day?

Me? I LOVE anything chocolate! Oh, my! It's just so very good!

How do I conquer? Well, instead of a 'normal' size candy bar...snack size...and hopefully just one! :) At least it's smaller and the calories fit better into my overall plan. I also have started drinking sweetened hot tea. Normally, I just drink unsweet tea. I love it. But when craving sweets, putting a package of s&l in it does help satisfy...I also found a great tea that helps with the cravings. Vanilla Caramel hot tea with S&L. That helps. :)

You are up!

...and thanks for the suggestions and help, together we can WIN over the cravings!

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    My biggest craving is Ice cream, I conquer it with a spoon
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Battle on, warriort. Battle on.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

werd!

Mine is not junk though - I usually go for the good stuff.
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Mine is also ice cream mmmmm and if i cave i use a baby spoon and half a scoop takes longer to eat lol
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options

Amen!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Mine is also ice cream mmmmm and if i cave i use a baby spoon and half a scoop takes longer to eat lol

That is depressing.
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Bacon.

Mixed with venison burgers.

Covered in chocolate.

Deep fried and smothered in gravy.

Made very crispy and dunked in maple syrup.

The possibilities are endless with this tasty slice of heaven. Sadly it usually conquers me so I only allow myself to eat it for dinner on Sunday when me and the wife make brinner.
  • Jipples
    Jipples Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is jipples, and I'm a junk food junkie. I love cheeseburgers, chili dogs, nachos, pizza, chips, etc. I can't say that I ever conquer my junkism.....I just try to balance it.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Me? I LOVE anything chocolate! Oh, my! It's just so very good!

How do I conquer? Well, instead of a 'normal' size candy bar...snack size...and hopefully just one! :) At least it's smaller and the calories fit better into my overall plan.

A while ago, I discovered by accident Green & Black's 85% cocoa dark chocolate. I don't really like dark chocolate at all, but this stuff is like chocolate cheese cake. I break off six pieces (full of antioxidants, high in iron and an appetite suppressant). I eat them with a little natural peanut butter (not necessary, but yummy) and t's so rich, that's all I need. Since I've been eating that, I don't even like pretty much any other chocolate. I can't stand milk chocolate anymore. None of it tastes even a little good to me, so I don't crave it and I don't eat it when it's in front of me.

I don't even like Reese's PB Cups anymore, if you can believe that.
  • tabi26
    tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    My biggest craving is food! Any food! Lol. Most days I fight a losing battle. Hahaha! But oh well! Back "on the wagon" the following day (hopefully lol).
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Stuffed crust Pizza Hut Pizza...I have been craving it ever since I started counting my calories. I don't trust myself to order it and eat just 1 slice. I would need a lock on my fridge to keep the leftovers safe.
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options

That is depressing.

its not depressing to me, ive worked in the mental health feild for 6 years....eating ice cream no matter how little is far from depressing lol :smile:
  • Thokiz
    Thokiz Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Bacon.

Mixed with venison burgers.

Covered in chocolate.

Deep fried and smothered in gravy.

Made very crispy and dunked in maple syrup.

The possibilities are endless with this tasty slice of heaven. Sadly it usually conquers me so I only allow myself to eat it for dinner on Sunday when me and the wife make brinner.

Just drooled on my shirt...at work, ugh
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Mine is Hershey's kisses...I buy them and my husband has to hide them or I'd eat the lot :sick:
  • mojox2003
    mojox2003 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Mine is burgers, chips anything savory im not realy a sweet person, I have found it easy at home but when out and about for my fellas birthday and both sister in the space of a week its hard so Iv orderd off the childrens menu, so its smaller portions but im still geting my fix lol.
  • MommaShorty
    MommaShorty Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi My Name is Elizabeth and Im addicted to junk food.
    I like junk food when Im bored and when Im depressed and anytime the kids have it.
    I like chocolate, ice cream, pizza, bacon cheeseburgers and I love anything french fries (smothered in cheese and chili
    or topped with bacon and cheese or with ketchup to dip in)

But Im trying my hardest to find a healthier way to eat it or to have it far between
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate. Quality chocolate - every day. Love it.
    And it isn't junk food. It provides me with the magic to stay happy and lose weight.

I just finished a 100g of Winter Ritter's Gebrannte Mandel. A little too much for the day but I would never call it junk food.
    Neuhaus and Lindt are in my house and part of hospitality.

The key is moderation. As always. Today I let it go a little. Still doing great, still improving, still loving it. Sara, above, gets it with ice cream.