protein and protein bar advice...

Options
So I am not huge on eating premade foods but when a very hectic schedule sometimes I have no choice.

What is your favorite protein bars and protein?

Which ones are the most healthy?

Replies

• crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    These are my all time favorite protein bar, 200 calories, only 10 carbs (1 fiber), and 13 grams of protein! They taste like a chocolate cookie and make a great afternoon snack!

300.jpg
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    These are my all time favorite protein bar, 200 calories, only 10 carbs (1 fiber), and 13 grams of protein! They taste like a chocolate cookie and make a great afternoon snack!

300.jpg

Look yum, where can you buy them?
  • crazyellybean
    Options
    I've found them at 7-11($1.99 per bar) and Walmart ($1.18 per bar)... I've had both the vanilla and chocolate and they are delicious!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    So I am not huge on eating premade foods but when a very hectic schedule sometimes I have no choice.

What is your favorite protein bars and protein?

Which ones are the most healthy?

Quest bars and VPX Bang and zero impact bars
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options

300.jpg

Look yum, where can you buy them?

Those are definitely one of the better tasting bars I've had.

I also like clif builder chocolate mint bars... though I wouldn't call them a "protein" bar.
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    After lifting workouts, I have a protein shake with EAS Whey (chocolate or vanilla powder, mixed with milk). For snacks, my favorite bars are the Luna Protein bars (Chocolate Cherry Almond is my favorite flavor).
  • hazymary
    hazymary Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    then try to make your own...Jamie Eason has several recipes ....google em! I've made the lemon one...delish !
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Think Thin Protein bars..around 230 cals, 20g protein, 0g sugar, 8g fat. The Brownie crunch kind is pretty tasty
  • Fozzi43
    Options
    I've found them at 7-11($1.99 per bar) and Walmart ($1.18 per bar)... I've had both the vanilla and chocolate and they are delicious!

Damn..I'm in the UK... I always buy my Hershey chocolate from the states..wonder if I can do the same with those?

I've had some protein bars before that make me feel sick ..they were that bad
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Quest bars. 180 to 200 calories, 20g protein and lots of fiber.
  • crazyellybean
    Options

Damn..I'm in the UK... I always buy my Hershey chocolate from the states..wonder if I can do the same with those?

well you can buy them on Amazon
  • Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Those are definitely one of the better tasting bars I've had.

I also like clif builder chocolate mint bars... though I wouldn't call them a "protein" bar.

I agree, Clif Builder's Protein bars are amazing...I like the Cookie's and Cream and the new Vanilla Almond flavors....I cant tell the different between this bar and a regular candy bar...so amazing.

I would also agree that they aren't really a protein bar so much as a meal replacement.

270 Calories
    8g Fat
    30g Carb
    >6g Fiber
    >20g Sugar
    20g Protein
  • Fozzi43
    Options

well you can buy them on Amazon

Thanks, I'll go look !!
  • LisaR517
    Options
    I like several of the bars from Pure Protein. I look at the amount of sugar, along with the macros.
  • jenndymond
    jenndymond Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Also a huge fan of the Cliff builder bars. Chocolate mint!
  • SherieHunt
    Options
    I found a new protein bar at Sprouts it is by a brand called NuGo... several flavors and really good...
    they are all natural 10g protein 190 calories, they have a gluten free.. also they are dairy free and kosher and have vegan and organic as well.

they are usually $1.69 each
  • Shamrock_me
    Options
    Honestly? I have to share food in my house so I buy the Nature Valley PROTEIN selection. I like them, my kid likes them, he works out between classes. I'm not spending much on them because he will eat 2 boxes a week. I'm not a looking to build a whole lot of muscle usually it is just my morning snack after my working out protein shake is depleted and I feel 'empty'. $3.50 at Walmart for a box of 5 bars.
    I'm cheap and like I said I'm more of a cardio junkie.
  • m_snow
    m_snow Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition natural vanilla protein powder mixed in almond milk (or regular milk) is very good!
    Hubby and I look forward to our post-work protein shake treat.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Honestly? I have to share food in my house so I buy the Nature Valley PROTEIN selection. I like them, my kid likes them, he works out between classes. I'm not spending much on them because he will eat 2 boxes a week. I'm not a looking to build a whole lot of muscle usually it is just my morning snack after my working out protein shake is depleted and I feel 'empty'. $3.50 at Walmart for a box of 5 bars.
    I'm cheap and like I said I'm more of a cardio junkie.

Maybe if you forced yourself to choke down crap that tastes terrible like the rest of us, you wouldn't have to share.

*Meant as a joke, in case it didn't come across that way. Or just wasn't funny."