Is it too early for Christmas?

Options
alias1001
alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
So, my local adult contemporary station (106.7 Lite FM) is playing 24/7 Christmas music.

How early is too early? Are you putting up lights yet? Waiting until Christmas Eve?

Replies

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    YES TOO EARLY!! That is why no one replied to this yet!! :bigsmile:
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Not compare to Philippines.

Come to Manila & you'll hear Christmas songs, see colorful Christmas lights & fake pine trees on display at just around every local store you can find as early as September!!!

FYI: We don't celebrate thanksgiving here
  • Ronngie
    Ronngie Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I'm always ready for Christmas music around Thanksgiving. I just love the Holidays.
  • rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    So, my local adult contemporary station (106.7 Lite FM) is playing 24/7 Christmas music.

How early is too early? Are you putting up lights yet? Waiting until Christmas Eve?

The day after Halloween, the local grocery stores started putting up the Christmas stuff. Local radio station here goes to Christmas music starting on Thanksgiving day.

Anything before Thanksgiving is way too early.
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Well my lights are half up and I have most of my Christmas shopping done Ha I have an excuse... I am having Surgery December 6th so I will not be able to do any of that stuff later :wink:
  • szarlotka717
    szarlotka717 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I love Christmas (and winter generally), but I also love autumn. Right after Thanksgiving is my preference. :)
  • daniel7121
    daniel7121 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Way too early for Christmas!! Wait, I'm turning 21 in two weeks. Call me Santy Clause and break out the eggnog and rum?!!? :drinker:
  • farmboyphotography
    farmboyphotography Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Now, the answer to your question "How early is too early?" is very subjective. As a family photographer, one of my specialties is sessions with children. This past weekend, we did an all-day series of sessions with the best Santa (the REAL Santa?) I have ever seen. My sister said "TOO EARLY!" but the thing is, yes, it is subjective. If you are doing pictures of kids with Santa, it isn't early. It isn't yet late in the game but it is truly getting there. On the other hand, stores with Christmas decorations on shelves by mid-October are pushing things just a bit too much. Depends on your perspective, however...
  • lamos1
    lamos1 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    No, I don't think its too early. I usually put my tree up on Nov. 1, but this year I put it up on Nov. 11 and added some lights to my windows today. It just makes the Christmas Season last longer when I do it this way. I could never understand why people would go to the trouble of putting up lights and a tree on Christmas Eve...but no not to early for the music either. IMO!
  • MySunshine76
    Options
    Bah! It's ALWAYS to early.
  • nphect
    nphect Posts: 474
    Options
    as long as it doesn't interfere with Halloween bring on the joy.
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    way to early
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    YES TOO EARLY!! That is why no one replied to this yet!! :bigsmile:

I love Christmas, but that station seems to be playing the music earlier every year. Someone's got to want it now, right? Or no? :P
  • rladd6421
    Options
    i started listening to christmas music on nov 1. i do it every year =D
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    CHRISTMAAAAS.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    way, way, way too early.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Maybe in the States, I think you should be celebrating one Holiday at a time and until after thursday christmas shouldn't even be thought of.

I live in Canada though and we celebrate Thanksgiving in October so once Veteran's day is over its fair game.
  • bellydancer124
    Options
    I've been listening to Christmas music for 2 weeks now. :blushing: I also changed my ringtone on my phone to a Christmas song, and changed my phone and computer wallpapers to Christmas pictures.

I don't decorate until after Thanksgiving though. I don't want my neighbors to think I'm a weirdo. :tongue:
  • fp64
    fp64 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Way too early for Christmas!! Wait, I'm turning 21 in two weeks. Call me Santy Clause and break out the eggnog and rum?!!? :drinker:
    hey - watch those nog calories, dude :)
  • smtillman2
    smtillman2 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Christmas!!!!! It's my favorite holiday and I'm totally ok with enjoying it now. Durring Halloween though, not so much. :noway: