I'm gaining not losing

Options
I recently lost two pounds making my total loss 32 pounds. The last two pounds came off after being on a plateau for over 6 months. But now I've gained three pounds back and haven't done anything different. I'm sticking to my diet and exercise plan. So what did I do wrong?

Replies

• jmzz1
    jmzz1 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Bring variety into ur exercise and diet
  • tarabratcher
    Options
    Try adding a little more to the exercise plan, maybe that will help.
  • mkwongh
    mkwongh Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    -- Im in the same situation, but have not lost anything only gained in months.. bumping to see what others say
    :)
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Impossible to tell without more information.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Sounds like your still on the plateau.. Some tips to break a plateau are Change your workout routine, take a week off and eat at TDEE, eat more, exercise more, eat more protein/less carbs or change your eating routines.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    Play around with your macros (maybe more protein), up your exercise, add more variety to your exercise, eat less, or eat more variety of foods.
  • igottaworkout
    igottaworkout Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I started the 30 day shred (free on youtube) and it made me go past my plateau. I love how they switch up the exercise every 10 days so your body doesn't get used to it.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Yeh, me too, up 3 pounds this morning. I attribute it to 3 things:
    1) Sluggish elimination.
    2) Working out, sore muscles.
    3) Not tracking accurately enough. I even take days off from tracking.

I think I can correct #1 and #3. What can you correct?
  • HollyEvans84
    Options
    In order to give you a good idea of where the problem is or how to break the plateau I would need more details about your diet, any supplements you are using and your exercise plan. Feel free to message me I would love to help you out!
  • bec_232
    bec_232 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Try switching up your diet for a few days to get away from your plateau.

The 17 day diet is a great way to kick start a diet. I lost 15 lbs before going on myfitnesspal doing that diet. Even try stage 1 of the diet for a week or two and I think it will give you the kick your body needs. It's a hard diet for the first few days but then you feel great. It seems much healthier than most fad diets too. It's mainly lean meats, vegetables and 2 yogurts and 2 fruits a day.
  • slearley
    Options
    I have access to a scale that monitors my lean body mass, my water weight and my fat. When I seem to be gaining it is either muscle from my workouts or (usually), it is an increase in water weight, which is stored in my muscles making them appear to be bigger. At any rate, I keep doing what I am doing and it all works out in the wash. Hang in there and don't get discouraged.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    Without being able to see your diet and exercise diary it is sort of difficult to give any suggestions.
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    Weight isn't everything. Have you been tracking your measurements? Sometimes, I even though I will see a gain on the scale, my clothes will be fitting better and my measurements will be going down.
  • LadyRhodes01
    LadyRhodes01 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Change your exercise plan. I had to increase by 10 mins or speed weekly to continue to see results. Your body gets accustomed to routine. I also had to increase vegetable, fruit, and water intake. In time, I also had to increase cals. I started doing more so my body cried out for more. I love to challenge myself..I say I want to increase to this speed by this day..burn this many cals by this day..burn this many cals more than this day. Your body needs a new challenge. Believe me it's well worth it.
  • lisamrico
    Options
    Wow! Lots of great tips and feedback, that's awesome. We eat alot of lean meats, we never fry anything. I eat alot of salad and usually have a banan and an apple a day. I haven't had yogurt in forever, maybe I should start including that. One cup of coffee a day, about 8 glasses of water, a couple cups of green tea.

Every morning M-F I use my elliptical for 20 minutes. I rotate the incline and the intensity on a regular basis. Unfortunately 20 minutes is all I have for that. then I sit at my desk all day for my job at our local police department. In the evenings, at least twice a week, more if I have time I walk 2 miles through this neighborhood that takes me over two freeway overpasses. I lift weights on Tuesday and Thursday nights and I just started doing squats and lunges on Mondays and Wednesdays.

I feel like maybe I'm not eating the right variety of foods. the first 30 pounds came off without any problems. It's this last 15 pounds I would like to lose that's giving me grief!!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Change your weekly goal to losing half a pound a week. It will begin to moderate your calories upwards towards maintenance amount of calories. It will be a slower loss, but since you only have 15 left to lose, that is inevitable.