Is it too early for Christmas?

Options
2»

Replies

• JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    So, my local adult contemporary station (106.7 Lite FM) is playing 24/7 Christmas music.

How early is too early? Are you putting up lights yet? Waiting until Christmas Eve?

i wait untill the day AFTER thanksgiving. Nordstroms in my city doesnt "deck their halls" untill Nov. 27th which I think is great. One Holiday at a time
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    NEVER TO EARLY!
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    For music and decorations....NEVER.
    For everything in store just to push crap down your throat....YES
  • MariaAkeroyd
    MariaAkeroyd Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Too early.
  • cardiokitten
    cardiokitten Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    It's too early until after thanksgiving!
  • bellydancer124
    Options
    For music and decorations....NEVER.
    For everything in store just to push crap down your throat....YES

That's exactly how I feel. I don't like the stores being all up in our business about it. But Thanksgiving doesn't make them any money...Halloween and Christmas do.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    NEVER TO EARLY!

NEVER! :mad:
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Yes.
    There's a drug store chain here that starts playing xmas music on November 1st...24/7. If you work there, you lose your mind.

Growing up I never wanted to get into the spirit before December 1st... if you have to listen to music and look at decorations for over a month, I think by the time Christmas finally rolls around, you're already sick of it.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I have fairy lights up year round.

2e48a8d2255a11e2bb3522000a1fb076_6.jpg81acac7c27b111e2882622000a1f985d_6.jpg
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Much too early for me.
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    I think Christmas music and decorations shouldn't go up, be sold, etc. until the day after Thanksgiving. Focus on one holiday at a time. Thanksgiving is an important holiday to spend with family.

In regards to the Christmas pictures....with private photographers, I think early November is a good time to start, because you need to get Christmas cards developed and ordered so they can be mailed out in time. Christmas pictures in the mall should wait until the day after Thanksgiving as well.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    turkey-and-santa-cartoon-november-my-month.jpg
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I have my local christmas station preset in my car already lol
    And my lil "Charlie Brown" tree is up along with other Christmas decorations

Honestly I'm not a huge fan of Thanksgiving - really no different than Valentine's day if you ask me but with better sales afterwards. Why do you have to have a set holiday to be thankful??

And common sense would tell you that if there really was a Pilgrim and Natives feast....it would NOT have been at the end of November....Try somewhere between September 21st & November 11th at the latest. Furthermore Lincoln declared it a holiday at the height of the Civil War to help Unify the nation and it was originally celebrated on the last thursday of the month

Roosevelt then changed it to the 4th thursday of the month in 1939. The 5th friday landed right on the 30th and only left 24 shopping days till Christmas. To boost holiday sales (especially because of the economy at the time) retailers urged him to change it - giving shoppers an extra week since most didn't do the majority of their holiday shopping till after thanksgiving.