For those who need to lose more than 100 pounds

Options
2»

Replies

• TLEIGH33777
    TLEIGH33777 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I started with about 100 to lose, I have 45 to go to my goal. I started by walking, slow and slowly started using a gym membership I paid for every month and did not use. Now I try to go 3-4 times a week. I started watching my carbs, instead of so much sugar in my coffee every morning I could chew it, I changed to sweet and low. I gave up pasta, chinese food and Burger King ( which is so close to my job I was there almost everyday for lunch).
  • amoslionhorse
    Options
    i have over 200 lbs to lose in total. I've lost 50 lbs so far.

When i started, I tried walking my 1 mile block, but it hurt.. alot. So then, i cut it shorter, and went slower.

Now I can do 5KM (I do that once a week.

I also go to a 1 hour intense Aquafit class 3x a week, and walk my one mile block on alternating days.

on bad weather days, or when i don't have a lot of time, I'm now able again to do the Walk Away the Pounds 1 mile. (20 minutes)
  • ladioffaith
    Options
    I had more than 200 pounds to lose when I started. I have lost 20 so far.

I walk at least 3 times a week and do the treadmill and various strength training exercises. My biggest challenge is walking too fast!
  • vypeters
    vypeters Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Start with walking. Do a walk that challenges you a little in distance or in terrain. Once you can do that, walk farther or pick more difficult terrain. I went from walking a few level blocks at 319 lbs to hiking 7-10 miles in the mountains but I did it a little at a time.

Swimming and biking are also good, but approach them the same way. Push yourself, but don't set yourself impossible challenges - try to do a little more each day or week.
  • thisiknow0unknown
    Options
    i have 145 lbs to lose and i usually work out 3x a week and eat as clean as i can while im starting out. the total gym works well and lots of water. taking the stairs as well will be slow but sure progress! good luck to you all
    feel free to add me!
    peace ~~~~
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone Walk Away The Pounds is what I'm doing now

It's in the privacy of my own home, and I walk a mile in 20 min (the beginner mile). I do it because I know I have to.

To be honest, I really haven't found an exercise I like yet - over the years I've done Jane Fonda videos, US Navy boot camp, Gilad dvd's, walking, swimming, biking, hiking etc, etc, etc.

Good luck!