Don't even tell me I gained weight/......Grrrrrr

Options
kimber607
kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
Hi all

I started this site at 155 and my last weigh in was (I think) 129.5
This am I weighed 131.5...
Since I've been on this site, I've never seen the scale go UP, so it was a little scary
I'm trying to find a happy medium, and recently increased my cals to 1650 on maint. (doesn't seem like too much)
I run around after my 3/4 yr old all day, laundry, shopping and hit my treadmill at home for a min of 30min per day.....at night i do some crunches/floor stuff
We did have a bbq at the house this week, but I don't think I did too bad...after that ONE day was right back on track

Soooo frustrated....Grrrr
I just bought a bunch of new summer clothes, so I better stay in shape :)
Thanks for listening to me vent

Kim

Replies

• kimber607
    Options
    Hi all

I started this site at 155 and my last weigh in was (I think) 129.5
    This am I weighed 131.5...
    Since I've been on this site, I've never seen the scale go UP, so it was a little scary
    I'm trying to find a happy medium, and recently increased my cals to 1650 on maint. (doesn't seem like too much)
    I run around after my 3/4 yr old all day, laundry, shopping and hit my treadmill at home for a min of 30min per day.....at night i do some crunches/floor stuff
    We did have a bbq at the house this week, but I don't think I did too bad...after that ONE day was right back on track

Soooo frustrated....Grrrr
    I just bought a bunch of new summer clothes, so I better stay in shape :)
    Thanks for listening to me vent

Kim
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hey Kim

It could be anything really. I have learned to really not like the scale at all. I use it as a guideline but I know it's not the most accurate way to tell how you are doing.

It could be anything. Maybe there is sodium in your system and retaining water. It sounds like you are doing fine and 1650 doesn't seem too much to me. Just chalk it up to a bad scale week and sometimes a simple bbq can throw your whole week off! It sucks, but it happens but I don't' think it's a true account of how you are really doing.

Hang in there!! See what happens next week!! :)

-Tami
  • kimber607
    Options
    Thanks Tami for the pep talk

I'm trying NOT to put too much stock in the scale....and I haven't even been weighing in every week
    I've lost a few pounds in the past and I know how quickly it can come back...I would avoid the scale because i knew I was gaining

Thanks again
    I know if I stick to my program...all will be OK

Kim
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the scale usually doesn't give much context on the numbers it gives you. If you've been exercising your muscle mass could have gone up causing the 'weight gain' as muscle weighs more than fat by volume.
  • LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options
    I bet it's just water weight..it will go away.. don't worry!! It sounds like you are doing GREAT! I am your before picture...can't wait to get to 130!! I think all the running around with the kiddies does count as some really good exercise! It's nonstop action with the little ones around!
  • kimber607
    Options
    Thank guys
    My before pic is from x-mas in the black (hope that was obvious..LOL)
    I'm such a computer dunce but maybe I could figure out how to get them in order

Thanks again ladies..Kim
  • buckeyebabe
    buckeyebabe Posts: 235
    Options
    Don't sweat the small stuff Kim! You have done an excellent job so don't beat yourself up over a pound or two which can easily be worked off. Remember we all fluctuate between 1-3 pounds per week because of sodium, water retension and then true weight gain potential. As long as you use your scale as a guide to make sure your weight doesn't continue to rise then you will be fine. However, if your scale becomes a ball and chain then you should only get on it 1-2 times per week for maintenance. Be proud of yourself! You've done a great job!!