How did you find this site?

Options
I'm interested in knowing how you found this site, what its done for you, and how long have you been a member? For me, I was researching everything on weight loss and stumbled accross this message board. Since Nov. 09, I've gained a lot of friends that supports and motivates me.... Their success makes me want to try harder. I love that I am around like minded people with common goals. I love MFP! I would love it even more if there where a BLACKBERRY APP......LOL

Replies

• jenlhugg
    jenlhugg Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    After having trouble losing 30lbs from my thrid child, I was looking up calorie counters because I wanted to try having a food diary. I did it and lost 15 pounds in three months. I quit and recently started again, making friends and really being religous about it. I have lost 10 pounds in the last 10 weeks. I have nothing but good things to say about this website. It has helped me to open my eyes about my eating habits and general health.
  • LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    My BFF told me about it!!! We were both wanting to lose weight and get in shape but we had ZERO direction. We're both into Social networking and so this site has really worked out for us. It's fun to be sharing our challenges and successes with like minded people!
  • Libbylouise
    Options
    I know someone who used this site and lost 100 plus pounds she told me her secret was logging in several times a day
  • bobblebee77
    bobblebee77 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I was using an iPhone app and it never had half the foods I needed so I googled the item I wanted and >ping< this site was top of the list.
    I saw it had an iPhone app of its own so ditched the other app and have jumped on board MFP - thats was just under 2 weeks and I've not looked back, its great and everyone is really friendly. I <3 that it is more than just a tool to log your calories. :)
    ~Robyn :)
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    A friend mentioned it to me when she knew that I wanted to lose weight. She had just stumbled across it surfing the net. It has changed my life. I tell anyone who mentions that they would like to lose weight what my "secret" is. So far, including myself, I have managed to influence 12 family members to sign up, and last time that I added up our tickers, we combined for a loss of 405 pounds. We joke about how many "less" of us there will be at family reunion this summer.
  • Changes4Life
    Options
    I found this site through my best friend, also an MPF user, Andee. She came on and told me about it so I came to "look around" and from that day forward was hooked. I have been here now for 53 days, as of today, and have lost 20 pounds! I love this site and all the support and information you get from it. I have learned how much I was eating before in daily calories as opposed to now and why I am where I am at. I like that you can share your feelings, concerns, up and downs with the friends you make here and not feel judged.

I will be here for a long time!! - Jennifer
  • naesdestiny
    naesdestiny Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I was just surfing the net to see anything that could help me lose weight and I found MFP. I joined in November 2008 but I closed that account and made a whole new one this year. Wanted to change it all up. But I love it here and I have learned a lot and made some wonderful friends.
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I was looking at calorie amounts in foods & this site kept coming up. I ended up joining last August, and I've lost about 20 pounds with it (I lost the rest before joining, as I was counting my calories on paper then.) I love this site! I've met so many encouraging and inspirational people on here. Definately glad I found MFP! :bigsmile:
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I was in a Behavior Therapy class in college and we had to do behavior modification projects on ourselves. One girl did eating better & exercising and used MFP as part of her project.. so I joined after that semester (and my last semester of college) in May. :smile:
  • Aid_B
    Aid_B Posts: 427
    Options
    I bought my wife an iphone for Valentines day, she downloaded the free app and I found the website from there
  • tasha30
    tasha30 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    My friend "suezkue" mentioned it to me on FB as I was searching for a way to lose weight. Ive been a member since December 1st and have logged on just about EVERY week day. Love it!! :drinker:
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    My brother kept raving about this site. He had lost 14 lbs with the help of MFP because he was able to monitor his calorie intake. He actually invited me to be his friend, and of course you have to register. I registered two weeks ago yesterday and am so glad I did. I have already lost 6 lbs!

I share the same sentiments as many others about the help and support you get reading posts from other members. No judgments...there is a level of security knowing that no matter what size you are at no one is looking down on you and that is such a blessing!
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to Biggest Loser and signed up on their site...got to their msg boards the first day and found a link to MFP on someone's post. Clicked there, came here and havent gone back to BL website since.

I've found one particular thread here that motivates, encourages and supports me. Also keeps me honest and laughing. Having friends here who are facing the same battle from around the same starting weight has been so instrumental in my success thus far and I will never leave this site, even after I've hit my goal.

That and having the food journal + all the tools together in one place (BMR calculator, exersize log etc)...would not be where I am today without MFP.
  • StaceG1986
    StaceG1986 Posts: 350
    Options
    One of my friends on facebook told me about it!! I joined in January and had a bit of trouble losing at first but have lost 5.5 lbs so far now!! :happy:
  • youngs
    youngs Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I was looking to make a life style change to become more healthy and loss lots of weight..so I turned on the computer and started just looking around and searching for diffrent diet( I found none that look good to me) then I ran across this site and it has been a God's Blessing to me..I am 53 days into my journey and have lost 23# and made the most amazing friends that shows me support and encouragment each day..I have even meet one that we just really hit it off then come to find out we even share the same birthday..( I call her my long lost sister that I never had LOL)..but I am just truley blessed to have found this site and all of my new Friends..and best of all it is not even a stuggle like trying in the past it is with no luck..or the old loss and gain more back game.. so as you see this site is working wonderful for me and I plan to be around for a LONG LONG time!!
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    A colleague at work told me about this site and I joined because she did (more as a motivational thing than anything else). Well, I logged in the first day and recorded what I had and holy crap I couldn't believe how many calories I ate at lunch! That was almost my entire daily allowance that MFP said I should eat if I wanted to lose 1 lb a week (I decided I did want to lose a few to get back to the weight I was in college).

I've been here 9 weeks (logged in several times a day, every day), lost 10 lbs, and have been soda free the entire time! This is such an awesome find and has helped me find the motivation to get active when I couldn't do it myself!
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    My sister told me about it. We both started out at SparkPeople.com. Someone she knows told her about MFP and she gave it a try and then told me about it. We both like how simple it is compaired to SparkPeople.
  • kelli_panzera
    Options
    When I changed doctors last February because my diabetes was out of control, my new doctor had a lot of advice and this site was the best piece he gave me. This place has been better than the nutritionists, diet pills, and every crash diet i'd tried. If I could meet the people i've met here in person, they'd all get big hugs and a few tears. So thanks guys :blushing:
  • nevillejohnb
    Options
    I stumbled on it searching the web for a site to track what I eat daily.
  • simona1972
    simona1972 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I found it one day while I was laying in bed playing around with my iPhone. I happened to type Weight Loss in the AppStore search and found it through there. It was about the 5th weight loss app. I downloaded. And Im glad it was the last :)