lettuce wrap

Options
has anyone had these and are they low calorie or just stick to steamed chicken and broccoli with brown rice.

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Mmm, last time I was on a diet to lose a lot of weight, I made lettuce wraps. I just bought a head of the large romain lettuce and I would grind up chicken in the food processor, throw mayonnaise, cheese, onions, whatever in it...then would mix it with some green grapes and maybe some peppers or cucumbers, celery (whatever you have!) and then slather it all over the lettuce. Fold it and eat it like a burrito! Babe, you can make them however you want. Or do you mean from a certain place?

I basically just made a sandwich (anything I'd normally put in a sandwich) and threw it on lettuce and ate it. Yum! I need to try this again. So good for you, all those greens!
  • jewelinvic
    jewelinvic Posts: 332
    Options
    Yum! Sounds good and easy!
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    mm I need a food processor!
  • jrobertson37
    jrobertson37 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Im having that today. Im having romaine lettuce and smoked turkey. No sauce though.
  • michelleellis
    michelleellis Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    that sounds yummy
  • candylea
    candylea Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna do this too.
  • aerobicgirl
    aerobicgirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    so for lunch i had spinach lettuce two small baked peices of chicken and a carrot stick. i basically just pulled deboned the chicken and wrapped the chicken with the lettuce. and well the carrot stick on the side . for dessert i had a cup of cottage cheese and a 1/4 cup of granola. bring on the water.