Carb Addicts!

Options
I am a COMPLETE carb addict. Everything meal I eat has a carb especially breakfast when I have the time. How do I overcome this?

Replies

• kittymewmew66
    Options
    Yes, mam. proud addict here! I hate it:(
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    lol my breakfast has 122 carb
  • Arrabindi
    Arrabindi Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Why would you want to overcome it? Carbs are awesome! My diet is mostly carb based, and I haven't had any problems losing weight. Try to limit simple carbs such as sugar and white bread, and you'll be fine :)
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    CARB GIRL HERE, carbs are my fuel for 2 to 3 cardio hours a day.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I am a COMPLETE carb addict. Everything meal I eat has a carb especially breakfast when I have the time. How do I overcome this?

Why do you need to overcome it? Are you eating too many carbs, or the wrong kind of carbs (i.e. are you eating too much added sugar)? Just stick to eating carbs that have fiber as much as possible, and make sure to eat enough protein and fat, and eat within your calorie goals. Carbohydrates are good for you when eaten sensibly.
  • frosty73
    frosty73 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Whole grains, whole fruits and veggies = GOOD carbs.
    Adding lots of protein to my diet helped immensely with my carb cravings. And I still have a Zone Perfect bar nearly every day, it's as good as a candy bar to me.

But a perfect life for me, would be a diet of French bread, butter and cheese, and pizza.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    For me it was just a matter of keeping the junk out one day at a time. After about a month the craving stopped.
    Sometimes I still have a small piece of cheese cake. And the crackers I have on high exercise days are gluten free whole grain like Mary's Gone Crackers.
    But I have to be careful because these can bring back the craving.
    Most of my carbs come in mixed veggies that include corn and carrots in them.
    I have found that the lower my carb count is, the faster I lose weight even with the calorie count constant. More carbs slows down the loss.
    My typical breakfast is a cup of whole milk and whey protein powder. More carbs than my other favorite. Scrambled eggs with sausage and cheese.
    Lunch was actually pretty light for calories. 6 ounces of chicken, 1.5 cups of mixed veggies and Kackalacky sauce, Tonight I swim 2 miles and hit the weight room. I'll have nuts and cheese tonight to make up some of the exercise calories.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options

Why would you want to? Are you diabetic?