Pot Roast??

Options
What is the best cut for pot roast?? I'm confused?? Shoulder Butt Roast? Beef Chuck Roast??

Replies

• Jamie_Moy
    Jamie_Moy Posts: 40
    Options
    I'm not sure, but I have the Biggest Loser Cookbook and here's a recipe that is very low in sodium, and carbs... I'm planning on eating it this week:) Hope this was somewhat helpful, I don't know much about meat cuts :p

Peppered Pot Roast

1 teaspon extra virgin olive oil
    1 (1 3/4 pound) trimmed top round roast
    2 teaspoons ground black pepper
    1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt (lawry's, johnny's...)
    salt to taste

preheat oven 350 degrees

Rub the olive oil evenly over the roast and season with the pepper and seasoned salt. Let stand for 15 minutes.

Place medium nonstick ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add the roast and sear on all sides, including the ends, until just browned, 45-60 seconds per side. Transfer the skillet to the oven and roast until a meat thermometer in the center registers 125 degrees for medium rare, 15-20 minutes. Loosely place a piece of foil over the roast (not the whole pan) and let stand for 10 minutes

Slice he roast against the grain into thin slices and service immediately, or refrigerate the whole roast then slice very by hand or on a meat slicer to use as deli meat.

Makes 6 (4 0z) servings

Per Serving
    137 calories, 28 g protein, trace carbohydrates, 5 g fat (2 g saturated), 58 mg cholesterol, trace fiber, 123 mg sodium