Want workouts do you do?

Options
I have been trying to hit the gym 3-4 times a week with 4 miles each time on the treadmill that takes about 60 mins then I do Elliptical for 20 mins following weights but it's getting a little boring, is there anything you do to make the treadmill better or what is your routine needing ideas:huh: ?

Replies

• runnninginmd
    Options
    If for some reason I can't run outside and have to use a treadmill, I use different interval workouts. Just google "treadmill interval routines" or something like that and you'll find a lot.
  • xxthoroughbred
    xxthoroughbred Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    HIIT and strength training.

Seriously, you'll lose much faster and it's not boring!
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    ... is there anything you do to make the treadmill better or what is your routine needing ideas:huh: ?

Yeah, run outside.

I ran on a treadmill once. It was the longest "3 miles" of my life. I couldn't wait to be done. It was mind numbingly boring and I had to force myself to even go as far as I did. I run outside and usually don't want to stop running. I rarely get bored.

Inside is for lifting. Outside is for cardio.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I used to love the treadmill......until I started running outside. It's way better!

I still hop on the treadmill occassionally for interval work, but 95% of my running takes place in the great outdoors.

Also, look into strength training. It's what makes you look good naked, and it's a great contrast to running.
  • bubblybabeuk
    bubblybabeuk Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I do two Zumba and two body pump classes a week, much more fun than the treadmill! I hated exercise until I found classes that I loved.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I do two Zumba and two body pump classes a week, much more fun than the treadmill! I hated exercise until I found classes that I loved.

Classes are such a great way to spice up your workout. I am addicted to TRX.
  • Martoch
    Martoch Posts: 166
    Options
    HIIT and strength training.

Seriously, you'll lose much faster and it's not boring!

^ This!

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbinfo.php?page=HIIT
  • dogo187
    dogo187 Posts: 376
    Options
    i take advantage of the group fitness classes at my gym....

i love Body Pump!!! if your gym offers it then take a few classes...its an awesome workout!!!

i Pump three to four days a week, and on the other days do either a Spin, Step, Cardio/Core or Zumba class...

with all of that i never get bored and look forward to do something different each day...
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    this guy has good machine workouts :
    http://www.nowloss.com/how-to-lose-50-pounds-fast-in-5-months.htm

ignore the stupid lose weight fast stuff and scroll down to the bottom. i especially like the treadmill walking routine. it's a good way to get my heart rate up kind of close to running without having to do high impact stuff