First time pregnant! Looking for other preggo women...

Options
Well I'm almost 10 weeks pregnant right now with my first baby. I'm scared, excited, nervous, sad, happy...I'm everything! I was really diligent with MFP for quite awhile and exercising regularly then I slacked off a couple months, got pregnant, and its been two months since that. So I haven't been keeping track of my nutrition or exercising regularly in awhile. :( But I figure it'd be good to start up again for during my pregnancy (and getting back in shape afterwards!). I'm looking for other pregnant women out there to help give each other support and encouragement during this life changing time. Especially since its my first. I dont really know what to expect.

I'm due June 16th. :) I currently weigh 154 (gained 4 or 5 pounds in the last month :ohwell: ) and am 5'2. My goal is not to get over 180 though. So I want to eat as healthy as possible during my pregnancy.

Cant wait to meet all the preggo mom's, new and old. :)

Please mention this post or something about being pregnant in the friend request; thanks! :smile:

Replies

• penith113
    penith113 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    First of all, congratulations!!!!
    There is a group on here called Fit Fabulous and Pregnant. You might find some friends there.
    I am currently a member of the Trying to conceive group so I hope I'm right there with you very soon.

Hope this helps. I'm going to send you a friend request because I have total baby envy right now lol :)
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm 26 weeks now and have been using MFP to help track my pregnancy intake. Sofar so good!

You're welcome to add me if you like.
  • jabberwalkie89
    Options
    Hey I'm not sure how far along I am yet. I have my first ultrasound on Friday, but I'm thinking around 6-7 weeks. I'm in a very similar boat. I've been on this site for over two years now on and off and just went through a 4 month off period before I found out I was pregnant. I definitely want to keep up on proper diet and exercise now so here I am! Congrats and I'm sending you a friend request.
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    23 weeks and so so so so so excited! I am due March 13th with a girl. She is going to be my first! Congrats on your pregnancy!
  • GetFitKris6709
    GetFitKris6709 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm pregnant with my 2nd baby and 13 weeks along. I didn't eat well or much at all for the first trimester because I stayed so sick. I've so far lost 6lbs. Now that I'm feeling better I really want to start exercising. I'm due May 27th 2013! Congrats to everyone else!!
  • kcousin29
    Options
    I am a FTM approx 9 weeks pregnant. I go for my first u/s on Tuesday! I'm a fitness instructor but since getting married in February have gained A LOT of weight. Seemed to pile on during the honeymoon and it won't come off. I want to make sure I stay on track during this pregnancy, what have you ladies set as your goal? I put my goal as maintenance for now, my doctor said she would not like me to lose any weight during the pregnancy as it can be harmful to the baby.

Congrats to all the mommies this is an exciting time!
  • Babrao
    Babrao Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I am basically in the same boat as the OP, diligently tracked EVERYTHING for a year and I lost 65 pounds, then I met my boyfriend and gained probably about 10 pounds back and also found myself pregnant. I am 15 pounds more than when I stopped using this site and I am hoping to not gain alot of weight back but I know that I will gain some, so I am just hoping to keep tabs and make decent choices.

I am 32 years old carrying my first baby (hoping for a girl!!), I am 10.5 weeks right now :)