Here goes nothing!

Options
Hey everybody, I'm Nick, I've had an account here for awhile but never really stuck to it. I used to be in great shape until I broke my arm. After 2 years of physical therapy and 2 surgeries I had become lazy and couldn't get my self in to the gym.

5 weeks ago my friend and I decided we wanted to run a 5k, we both started couch to 5k and have been going strong. I am able to run a mile now in about 9 minutes(I honestly saw myself never being able to do that before).

I've also hired a personal trainer and have really been watching what I eat. I'm serious about getting in to the best shape of my life and I can already feel the perks of exercising 5 days a week. It's addictive.

Anyhoo let me know if anyone is around the Tampa, FL area and would like to organize runs or outings. I'm always up for that sort of thing.

Replies

31993703 Posts: 1,144
    Options
    HI FRIEND
  • NickDHussin
    Options
    Friends!
  • Fellyfeljenks
    Fellyfeljenks Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Very impressed by your progress so far and your enthusiasm! Look forward to seeing you reach all of your fitness goals.
  • NickDHussin
    Options
    I love that despite the fact I have a chunk of bone now missing from my wrist that I am able to still build up muscle around it...The personal trainer was a little weirded out when I lift with it though, haha.