Feeling defeated! New here.

Options
Hi there,
My name is Ashley. I'm not new to "myfitnesspal" but to the forums I am. I need some encouragement! I feel terrible about myself.

I've lost weight before but have no idea how to do it all over again, after gaining it all back from an injury (not making excuses)

<3 Ashley

Replies

31993703 Posts: 1,144
    Options
    :heart:
  • repmlrs
    repmlrs Posts: 154
    Options
    plan stuff out. live by a schedule that will help.
  • deslaine
    deslaine Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting out and feel tha same way as well, however my goal this time will be to please my self first and ask my friends and female to not commiit as yet on my weight.
  • Renee_Herrera
    Options
    I am new to myfitnesspal. I feel the exact same way. I'm trying to stay positive and motivated but it's hard.
  • Dabberdoll
    Options
    Welcome I am new here to and just learning a lot about healthy eating , I'm on a health kick and tired of not feeling energetic anymore, quit smoking 11 months ago and put on some weight , time to make changes, I really like repmirs advice planning , started walking yesterday did 4km and doing it again at 3 today will add some workouts after my first 10 pound lost

Thanks all and you can do it set goals and determination and we will lose the weight
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Something that helped me this time (as opposed to several failed weight loss attempts in the past) was to think about what went wrong with those prior methods and also think about what I could do differently. When I announced that I was joining Weight Watchers again, a friend of mine actually asked me why I gained the weight back. At first I just blew off the question thinking it didn't matter but it stuck with me and I decided to really think about it.

Everyone's different so what works for me might not work for you but I think this is still a great exercise in self awareness and can be extremely helpful with making your new healthy habits become permanent. Try several things to find out what works for you, don't just go by what your friends or "the experts" say. And never give up!
  • justin_m_foley
    justin_m_foley Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Start tracking all you eat, your weight and exercise. MFP at least makes tracking your progress easy. Make small changes to your diet step by step and see what works for you e.g. reduce the amount of sugar you eat, increase vegetables. Increase your exercise e.g. start walking a bit more/driving less.

Don't feel defeated. Don't give up. If it doesn't work well at first, tweak what you are doing and carry on. You can succeed.
  • TurboFitMom
    Options
    Hey :) I am new to the message boards as well. I am restarting my fitness journey after my 3 baby and I would love to be an accountability buddy to anyone that needs it. I think the best think to do is to learn about yourself. Learn what your food triggers are and also learn what your soul mate workout is. You need to make sure you look forward to whatever workout you are doing otherwise you won't have any interest in doing it. Feel free to add me as a buddy on here!