What! No phone call from my family

Options
So........ a little off topic. It was my birthday yesterday, not to mention my golden birthday. My mom and my sister didn't call at all. Should I call them and remind them that it what day it was?

I'm always sending them gifts and flowers. Now I think I'm just going to stop.

I want to cry..............:cry:

Replies

• kaiyacali
    kaiyacali Posts: 175
    Options
    So........ a little off topic. It was my birthday yesterday, not to mention my golden birthday. My mom and my sister didn't call at all. Should I call them and remind them that it what day it was?

• 2Shoes
    2Shoes Posts: 396
    Options

Ohh, I am so sorry they let it slip their minds. I know it sucks, but I wish you a Happy Birthday. (and yes i would call and make them feel totally guilty :tongue: )

Happy Birthday!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • chriss1tt
    chriss1tt Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry. That is a hard one. Happy Birthday to you. :flowerforyou: Not the same I know but I hope it sends you a little cheer. Hopefully it was because they were soo busy time just passed them by.
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    lots of hugs coming your way!

I say call them too! Birthdays are special and should be acknowledged by family no matter what is going on in their own lives.

Happy birthday and let us know how the phone calls went.

Good luck!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • kaiyacali
    Options
    Yeah, I kinda want to leave them a text message. Kinda cold, but I don't really care.
  • greekgyrl02
    greekgyrl02 Posts: 123
    Options
    Happy bday anyway!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

Oh, that stinks!!!!
    I'm the WORST with b-days especially since I don't work and half the time have no clue what the day is

Maybe call them and remind then in a (nice way)....might feel better to get it off your chest

Kim
  • Minerva
    Minerva Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. Just got my license renewed yesterday as I am turning 50! and one of the other ladies joked that no matter how they take your picture, it always makes you look "older and fatter". Yeah, made my day.
    I am sure that your birthday is important to your family and that the day just got away from them before they actually made the call. Now they probably feel bad and aren't sure what to do. You could send them an email card reminder or text them but try not to let it upset you. Don't hand them the power to control your emotions.
  • emorym
    emorym Posts: 344
    Options
    Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthday to you
    well you know the rest
    Hope you have a great day!!!:flowerforyou:
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    It was my b'day yesterday too....Happy Birthday to us!
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
    mine was on Tuesday, and got some phone calls and emails. Had to call my mother in law to thank her for a present (which I will soon re-gift:laugh: ) and she said "oh! that's right, I totally forgot, I remembered yesterday, then totally forgot today"
    yeah, yeah.
    Then I got a call from my brother yesterday saying he was thinking about me all day, then forgot.
    It's bad enough your old and birthdays don't really mean that much anymore, but to be forgotten, just makes it all that much worse!

Happy Golden Birthday!
  • travelbug
    travelbug Posts: 153
    Options
    I remember from your wedding planning that they were making things a little difficult. So I wouldn't give their selfishness a second thought.
    I stopped giving the donor (biologcal dad) gifts about 3 years after he stopped acknowledging my birthday when I was 16. It has saved me a lot of money over birthdays and Christmas, more for me!!! Buy yourself some shoes to celebrate their birthday. Slightly bitter towards the 'donor'.

Hope you still had a great day!
    HAppy Birthday
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    awww hugs!!!:flowerforyou:

Been there girl...sigh

my sweet 16th came and was going quick and no one...mom, dad, sister, brother's, aunts, grandmothers, uncles...cousins...we all lived on the same block...NO ONE remembered ...it was suppose to be the big one ...well one of them LOL(I even started thinking maybe I'll have a surprise party they're being sneaky LOL..how sad!)

...I was crushed! finally at around 6 pm I was in tears because I was stubborn and wouldn't remind them lol...then told my little sister why I was crying and she told my mom who ended up crying and hugging me and then my dad shot out for any ice cream cake he could fine...got on the phone called all the relatives and there we were 8pm at home singing happy bday to me over melted ice cream cake and tears w/ almost my entire family, some in their pjs....LOL.....its made up for it sort of....

lesson learned...start singing happy birthday to ME...really loud if it reaches noon and no one mentions it LOL....:ohwell:

hugs and ps...this is your birthday month so you get to celebrate the whole time LOL woo hoo!!!
    Ali :flowerforyou:
  • kaiyacali
    Options
    Thank you all for all your Birthday Wishes and hugs! Happy birthday to all of you that have been "hurt" by forgetful people.

I sent out a text to my mom and sister a couple hours ago. Still no response. :grumble: HHHHmmmmmmmm..........

At least I have terrific friends like you guys!

Should I text again.... or just let it be?
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for all your Birthday Wishes and hugs! Happy birthday to all of you that have been "hurt" by forgetful people.

I sent out a text to my mom and sister a couple hours ago. Still no response. :grumble: HHHHmmmmmmmm..........

At least I have terrific friends like you guys!

Depends, what did your text say?
  • kaiyacali
    Options
    It said- Hey, did U forget that it was my birthday yesterday? U didn't call.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    lol...I think that basically hit the nail on the head girl LOL

you're funny!!

I'd call and give them the o' guilt thing......lol

hugs!!!
    Ali
  • pmd14
    pmd14 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sending lots of love and good wishes.
    I would just let it be. Don't waste your time and energy. Take a deep breathe and let it go. The more you think about it the worst it will be. Go out and buy yourself a present. Smile and be at peace.
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options

First of all, Happy Birthday! Secondly, I hope that your fiance did something special for you or you have something nice planned for the weekend to celebrate. If I were in your situation, I would let it go. I wouldn't remind them again. The one person who you plan to be with the rest of your life should make your day special. Let the rest of them go. I'm sorry for you, because my feelings would be hurt, too, but, I sort of believe you make your own fun. Their loss. Plan on something with your fiance and let the rest go. I can't ever imagine forgetting one of my girls' b-days. :flowerforyou:

And just one more thing, looks to me like you're gonna have more expendable income this year. No more presents.....Your family set that precedent.
  • BigCityKittyz
    BigCityKittyz Posts: 378
    Options
    I would call mom and say...."Happy B-lated LABOR DAY!".......

For my birthday, I always call ma and tell her this (Happy LABOR day!)....she gets a kick out of it!

It will be a subtle REMINDER....and get your point across at the same time. I think there was one BD when no one called me either...it hurts....and it sucks!

You'll be stewing about it til you talk to them about it......tell them you'll get them some Ginkgo Biloba....it's an herb that's suppose to enhance "memory"....:tongue:

BTW...hope your day was special besides that lil ....snafu.....did you ever get that DRINK?:drinker: