Looking for Over 40 Friends with 10-30 pounds to lose

Options
Hello everyone! I'm looking for friends who are over 40 who have 10 to 30 pounds to lose. I feel that if we have something in common we can be more supportive of each other. I'm currently an empty nester, so it feels good to be able to focus on me for a change.

I currently weight 147 and my goal weight is 135 - so 12 pounds left to goal. I started at 164 in June of this year, but I was 186 at my highest weight last year.

My current exercise routine includes: Running - although currently taking a break due to piroformis pain. I also workout to Jillian Michael's and Leslie Sansone DVD's. I enjoy yoga, hiking and walking. Once I get closer to goal weight I plan on integrating New Rules of Lifting for Women.

So if it sounds like we have something in common, please send me a friend request. Thanks!

Replies

• prpljellybean
    prpljellybean Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I just turned 41 and have 25 pounds to lose. I am a mother of two little boys (almost 9 and 11) and work from home doing medical transcription. Always looking for new friends so anyone can feel free to add me :happy:
  • Filletsteak
    Filletsteak Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    We seem to have a lot in common - over 40, empty nester (almost), 20 lbs to lose, do 60 mins Leslie Sansone most days. Still battling with the 30DS! Request sent!
  • corro83
    Options
    Hi. I have not been on here for a while but have decided this is it, i HAVE to lose weight, looking to lose at least 24 pounds. Would love to meet some people on here so feel free to add me so we can support each other.x
  • sandygettingfit
    sandygettingfit Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    By the way - I'm 48 and have 3 children.
  • mcalicci
    mcalicci Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am 46 years old, married with one 16 years old boy...This time I am really motivated to lose the 40+ pounds I put on the last 3 years. About a month ago I ended up going to the emergency room for cardiac observations...my heart rate was too low, mid 30's, although I din't feel anything different, my doctor was really concerned, because I was having water retention. Stayed at the hospital for 2 days, ate their food (very nice, by the way, lol) did a lot of tests, they didn't find anything! So I came home and thought, there is no way I am gonna be home, fearing if my heart is gonna stop or not, so I better stimulate it, by exercising...So went back to the gym in full throttle... I do weight lift, spinning class, run 3 miles, swim 25 minutes, and at night walk for an hour with my husband (who also needs to lose weight). We incorporated some of the advises from Dr. Oz and it seems it's helping me with cravings for soda and sweets. (I haven't drank coke in 3 weeks, it's a victory for me). We are taking green beans coffee before meals and also some amino acids We have one pig out day per week, where we can eat very caloric products, such as cookies, cakes, etc...But usually we eat in moderation. I want to prepare myself for a 1/2 marathon that is gonna happen in Miami by the end of January, next year...if I finish it in less than 5 hours, I'll be happy, lol...so far I went from 197 (in September of this year) to 172 (currently). I'm very happy and proud of myself!
  • sandygettingfit
    Options
    I am 46 years old, married with one 16 years old boy...This time I am really motivated to lose the 40+ pounds I put on the last 3 years. About a month ago I ended up going to the emergency room for cardiac observations...my heart rate was too low, mid 30's, although I din't feel anything different, my doctor was really concerned, because I was having water retention. Stayed at the hospital for 2 days, ate their food (very nice, by the way, lol) did a lot of tests, they didn't find anything! So I came home and thought, there is no way I am gonna be home, fearing if my heart is gonna stop or not, so I better stimulate it, by exercising...So went back to the gym in full throttle... I do weight lift, spinning class, run 3 miles, swim 25 minutes, and at night walk for an hour with my husband (who also needs to lose weight). We incorporated some of the advises from Dr. Oz and it seems it's helping me with cravings for soda and sweets. (I haven't drank coke in 3 weeks, it's a victory for me). We are taking green beans coffee before meals and also some amino acids We have one pig out day per week, where we can eat very caloric products, such as cookies, cakes, etc...But usually we eat in moderation. I want to prepare myself for a 1/2 marathon that is gonna happen in Miami by the end of January, next year...if I finish it in less than 5 hours, I'll be happy, lol...so far I went from 197 (in September of this year) to 172 (currently). I'm very happy and proud of myself!

It sounds like we're doing very similar things and working towards the same goal (1/2 marathon). I'm hoping to run it in October of next year - gives me plenty of time. I'd like to finish it in under 3 hours but I'll be happy just to finish it. I wish I could get my husband to join me, but he's not interested in getting in shape at this point in his life. I'm hoping that seeing the changes in me will eventually motivate him to join me at the gym...
  • sandygettingfit
    Options
    Bump!
  • gabe_irun4coffee
    gabe_irun4coffee Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 52 with about 12lbs left. I'm married with 3 kids 2 still at home one away at college. I log on everyday and try to run and workout 3-4 times a week. I'm always looking for new friends around my age feel free to add. :-)
  • badzoe
    badzoe Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hi~I'm 44 years old, married with three young girls (7, 4 and 2). I have 30 lbs to lose so I would love to be a part of this. I just started my diet/lifestyle change this week and I haven't been doing excercise on a regular basis. I would love to start running again.