Cottage cheese

Options
I was going to eat some with my potato for lunch... .It is loaded with salt. One 1/2 c service is 430 mg of sodium.

I am hypervigiliant with salt b/c of my son. So.... the cottage cheese was put away.

Jane

Replies

• caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Not sure about your store, but in a few grocery stores around here they have no-salt added cottage cheese. It's yummy!
  • florymonde
    florymonde Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of cottage cheese. Maybe look for a lower salt variety? Or, it's not that hard to make yourself.

Myself, I've never had any blood pressure issues, so I don't worry about my salt intake. It might make me retain water sometimes, but that's just temporary.
  • kellicci
    kellicci Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    They have a lower salt verion....but I think it tastes a little different (maybe that's just me) so I stick with the regular kind it's less than 20% of my sodium for the day so in some cases the need for easy low cal protein outweighs the sodium intake.

Plain yogurt is alo a good potato topping that has less sodium. =)
  • Lisa760
    Lisa760 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I know right? Cottage cheese is loaded with sodium ... but ooooh soooo delicious! Hope the potato was still yummy!
  • janehlansing
    Options
    It was sitll yummy! I salted it though.. so I guess I negated the cottage cheese!!!!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    It was sitll yummy! I salted it though.. so I guess I negated the cottage cheese!!!!

:huh: You didn't eat the cottage cheese which has protein and dairy and other goodness because it had sodium - but then you dumped plain salt on the potato?!