apple cider vinegar

Options
Hey guys,

I've been hearing this alot lately and i was wondering if someone uses apple cider vinegar?

A lot of people say that adding 1 table spoon on apple cider vinegar to a glass of water 3 times a day will make you burn faster and lose weight?

Replies

• christinekry
    christinekry Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Apple cider vinegar can be used for SO many things. My oldest sister uses it for gall bladder attacks. I sometimes use it to cure an acne break out. It's great for high blood pressure and can also be used for weight loss. This list goes on and on really.

This is my favorite site to check if I can use it for something:
    http://www.apple-cider-vinegar-benefits.com/

Make sure you use organic. Braggs is what I would recommend. You can buy it by the gallon for $20 on amazon. It needs to have the "mother", which is that top layer of foam you get when you shake it up.

Read the link and you should find tons of information there about the uses and benefits.
  • safaesunshine
    Options
    Thanks! i think i'm going to try it!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    There is no significant research on the benefits of apple cider vinegar for weight loss, diabetes, or high blood pressure.

The only research that has been conducted was on rats. There was one study that used humans (regarding diabetes) but the study only included 11 people.

You can use it if you want, but don't expect any fantastic results that couldn't be achieved from diet and exercise alone.
  • safaesunshine
    Options
    I go to the gym and i try to eat as healthy as i can but maybe the apple cider vinegar can help me burn faster. If not: i've got nothing to lose :)
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym and i try to eat as healthy as i can but maybe the apple cider vinegar can help me burn faster. If not: i've got nothing to lose :)

Nothing, I guess.

But you'll find that the people who have the most success, are the ones who aren't looking for quick fixes.
  • MaggieSporleder
    MaggieSporleder Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    My husband just really likes vinegar and add it to a lot of things he eats. And it seems to me, that he drops weight when he is really into, even when he is not trying. I'm not saying its the vinegar, but I do know it helps flush impurities.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I don't use it specifically for 'weight loss' I just happen to like the taste of vinegar. I use it a lot on veggies, very yummy on broccoli or other green veggies. I use it on fish in place of lemon juice and on rice too sometimes. I used to use balsamic vinegar on everything but I switched a while back to avoid all the sugar in it. I also use white & wine vinegars on various things.
  • TexanThom
    Options
    Make sure you use vinegar with the mother. Braggs is what I use, it works for lots of things.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I use it to catch fruit flies in the summer....
  • penith113
    penith113 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I don't know about helping with weight loss but I take a tablespoon of ACV morning and evening when I'm getting sick. It helps the terrible sore throat I get when I get a sinus infection. Ive not seen any negative effects except the god awful nasty taste. lol

It won't hurt you so if you want to see if it gives you a little boost, try it.

And try to ignore the negative comments you might get. Just because you are willing to see if something gives you an edge does not mean you are looking for a quick fix. It sounds like you are well aware of the time and dedication that goes into making this work.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    YES!, i started in the summer, faithfully every day,,,,, 2 tablespoons...
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I have heard of it being used for joint pains/arthritis as well....but haven't tried it myself.
  • samlankford
    Options
    i use apple cider vinegar for marinades and things like that... I don't know about weight loss claims though... If your looking for an added "UMPH" to your workout maybe try switching up your routines (they can become stale after a while) or maybe a "pre workout" formula drink... know gnc and places like that have them that work pretty well... worth a shot
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    No evidence at all that vinegar helps with weight loss or other health issues, but it is GREAT for getting rid of pet stain odors! (Urine in particular) and is a great, cheap cleaner. I keep a spray bottle full with half vinegar and half water and use it to clean almost everything.
  • monastempletransformed
    Options
    Apple cider vinegar can be used for SO many things. My oldest sister uses it for gall bladder attacks. I sometimes use it to cure an acne break out. It's great for high blood pressure and can also be used for weight loss. This list goes on and on really.

This is my favorite site to check if I can use it for something:
    http://www.apple-cider-vinegar-benefits.com/

Make sure you use organic. Braggs is what I would recommend. You can buy it by the gallon for $20 on amazon. It needs to have the "mother", which is that top layer of foam you get when you shake it up.

Read the link and you should find tons of information there about the uses and benefits.

Thanks for the web site :)