Hamburger Meals.....

Options
Iansmommy123011
Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
Does anyone know a good hamburger meal? I have so much hamburger meat that I need to get rid of. I just did hamburgers, tacos, & hamburger helper. I need something new. I appreciate it for sharing.

Replies

• cattracy0829
    cattracy0829 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti (for the meat sauce)...Meatloaf...Nachos...
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    chili
    vegtable beef soup
    spaghetti
    meatloaf
    stuffed peppers
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    stuffed peppers
    chili
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Meatballs
    Meatloaf
    Goulash (I either do macaroni, or potatoes with veggie soup)
    Sheppards Pie
    Burritos
    Tacos
    Nachos and cheese
    Loaded baked potatoes
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I'm hungry now
  • clopez1987
    clopez1987 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    ALBONDIGA SOUP YUMM!

OR CHILI
  • Iansmommy123011
    Options
    I know, I can't wait for dinner now. I will eat after my yoga.
  • rachelerwin
    rachelerwin Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Last night I took 1 pound of ground venison (ground beef is fine too) one cup of diced carrots, one cup of diced celery, and 1/2 cup of diced onion and cooked all that together in large iron skillet. When the meat is browned add 2 cans of drained green beans and one can of mushrooms drained. Also prepare one package of brown gravy mix according to directions ( McCormick brand is what I used) and add to beef and vegetables. Add whatever spices you like and cook til everything is hot. I then took a bag of Kraft fat free cheddar cheese and spread on top and baked in a 350 degree oven til cheese was melted. It made 8 servings and each serving was 170 calories. We ate it over brown rice. It was very yummy. Even my picky teenager liked it.
  • ChristinaG100
    ChristinaG100 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Lazy cabbage rolls with brown rice or quinoa
    Beef stroganoff with ground beef instead of steak
    Curried beef with hamburger instead of steak
    I freeze bags of meatballs a couple of times a year and add them into various sauces for ease.
  • clopez1987
    clopez1987 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Last night I took 1 pound of ground venison (ground beef is fine too) one cup of diced carrots, one cup of diced celery, and 1/2 cup of diced onion and cooked all that together in large iron skillet. When the meat is browned add 2 cans of drained green beans and one can of mushrooms drained. Also prepare one package of brown gravy mix according to directions ( McCormick brand is what I used) and add to beef and vegetables. Add whatever spices you like and cook til everything is hot. I then took a bag of Kraft fat free cheddar cheese and spread on top and baked in a 350 degree oven til cheese was melted. It made 8 servings and each serving was 170 calories. We ate it over brown rice. It was very yummy. Even my picky teenager liked it.

yum i think im going to try this! thanks :)
  • jamielynn020610
    jamielynn020610 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I am hungry now for dinner. bump...
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Hamburger soup
    1 lb ground beef
    2 cans beef broth
    1 can tomato juice
    1 can water
    1 cup cooked pasta, or cook 1/2-3/4 cup in the soup
    1 can or 1 cup frozen corn
    Whatever seasonings you prefer-I use minced garlic, onion powder, and some chili powder
  • Iansmommy123011
    Options
    That Hamburger Soup sounds good. I will make that tomorrow. :)
  • NoahandPresleysMom
    NoahandPresleysMom Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know a good hamburger meal? I have so much hamburger meat that I need to get rid of. I just did hamburgers, tacos, & hamburger helper. I need something new. I appreciate it for sharing.

nachs, sloppy joes, spaghetti, cheeseburger soup
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    stuffed bell peppers, stuffed red onions, meatballs, chile con carne, ragu bolognese, shepherd pie
  • TimeFourMe
    TimeFourMe Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Taco Soup

Large can of tomato soup
    can of Rotel
    ground beef cooked with minced onion
    can of black beans
    can of pinto beans
    frozen corn
    water to thin it out a bit
    packet of taco seasoning

dump in crock pot or pot on top of stove. Simmer and enjoy. I do this meal with chicken instead of the beef now. Like that even better.
  • janehlansing
    Options

What was the sodium on it? Was it high???
  • rachelerwin
    rachelerwin Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    The sodium was 442 per serving. I used no salt added green beans and mushrooms. I also used a reduced sodium gravy mix. I try to watch my sodium too.