Need support...

Options
I have been going at this for a couple of months and have done decent on my own, I am 6 lbs. lighter. But I have always just done it to pass time. I was never 100% committed. In the last week I have buckled down and I am focusing 100% of my energy into this lifestyle change. I have gotten my eating under control by following Jillian Michaels meal plan from her website and I am feeling so much better about the food that I am eating. But.... What I really need now is to get my exercising and accountability under control and so I turn to you guys :smile:

I want to join one of the many groups that I see posting on the boards here I just don't really know how to get started in one of these. So here are some facts about me and if there are any groups out there looking for some newbies to initiate, let me know and I would LOVE to join.

I am 21 (and female, if that's not obvious)
I work full time as a customer service rep for a small company.
I go to school full time in the evenings
I am currently engaged and will be getting married August 20, 2010
I am living in Tennessee right now and loving every minute of it.
I am a gemini and super hyper and outgoing
Currently I go to the gym probably 2 times a week but I am looking to increase that number in the next month.

Thanks for reading & thanks for the support :flowerforyou:

Replies

• ncjc
    ncjc Posts: 9
    Options
    What I have been doing is going to the gym on my lunch hour. I know many people may not be able to do that but it works for me. I go to spin, the instructor starts at 1200 and we are done at 1230 with a 5 minute stretch. I burn about 356 calories in just those 30 minutes. I feel better about myself going at lunch, to give up my one break a day to go to the gym is really motivating. I go 3-4 times a week just depending on how things are going that week. Like I said I know not everyone can do this, it depends on your schedule as well as your gym, but it works great for me.
  • burgessg
    burgessg Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am just starting out also and going to the gym 5 days a week. I found this website on Monday and start logging my food & exercise and it has been a big help for me. Increasing your time in the gym will increase your weight loss as long as you're eating clean.... LOL I am still learning the process.

Keep up the good work and in time you will see change...
  • HelloSunshine
    Options
    BUMP

I just wanted to bring this back up because I don't think anyone really understood what I was looking for.

I want to find a group on MFP to join...

Let me know if there are any takers :flowerforyou: