Who knew?

Options
Eating marinated chicken, beans, sauteed onions and spinach with some raw broccoli would qualify me as "a health nut"... Hahahaaa!! That's gotta be the best comment made to me since getting back into things. (the cafeteria owner has had to work the register for the past week and I don't think she likes it much that I'm not eating her regular lunches)

What's the most bizzare thing someone has said to you along this journey?

Replies

• LadyRhodes01
    LadyRhodes01 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Good job, Health Nut! Take that title! It's takes a lot of dedication to not eat what's being served. Awesome job! You made me smile today.
  • neuro_nut
    neuro_nut Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Haha, awesome. I had a similar experience in the grocery store. An older woman behind me in the check-out line kept staring at me... finally she asked me how I eat so healthy. I thought I was buying pretty average food :/
  • stacy_1971
    stacy_1971 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm new to *this* specific journey, however, I am a serial dieter who typically quits when the going gets tough. My husband is not saying it, but I have a feeling he's thinking, "Oh brother, here we go again!"
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Your meal sounds delicious! I don't have many people around me who eat healthy, so any sandwich with lots of veggies or the occasional salad gets me an odd look.
  • know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Good choices!

The most bizzare thing that I get is "she never eats" from co-workers. I don't eat at potlucks or when they order food because I'm usually not hungry and don't want to waste my calories on junk. But it annoys me when they say that. Yeah, someone my size doesn't eat..okay.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I was told not to lift weights, because if I ever stopped, all my muscles would turn to fat.

All. Of my muscles. Would turn to fat.

I told my husband to take me wheelbarrow shopping, because if I ever stopped working out, he would have to cart me around. :laugh:
  • Tallblondechick
    Options
    ....."yes we are all going to the buffet, but your not invited unless you pay your own....because you don't eat enough to waste my money on a buffet" we can stop on the side the road and pick you up a plate of grass if you really have to come with us"
    some people are so nice
  • ddwin
    ddwin Posts: 78
    Options
    Good job, Health Nut! Take that title! It's takes a lot of dedication to not eat what's being served. Awesome job! You made me smile today.

I will...and I'll smile all the way home too. :)
  • ddwin
    Options
    Haha, awesome. I had a similar experience in the grocery store. An older woman behind me in the check-out line kept staring at me... finally she asked me how I eat so healthy. I thought I was buying pretty average food :/

It's probably because you didn't have a ton of chips or pop, huh? Hehehe...
  • painthoss
    painthoss Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    "If you keep listing weights you're going to hurt your baby-maker," from a man in the gym.

so I replied, "is that what happened to you?"
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    ....."yes we are all going to the buffet, but your not invited unless you pay your own....because you don't eat enough to waste my money on a buffet" we can stop on the side the road and pick you up a plate of grass if you really have to come with us"
    some people are so nice

Charming! I hope you gave that person the riot act!:noway:
  • ddwin
    Options
    Good choices!

The most bizzare thing that I get is "she never eats" from co-workers. I don't eat at potlucks or when they order food because I'm usually not hungry and don't want to waste my calories on junk. But it annoys me when they say that. Yeah, someone my size doesn't eat..okay.

Oohh, I hate that. I don't eat cakes or candies so I get weird looks and snarky remarks made to me when someone notices me passing on that stuff. People can be weird.
  • amydee714
    amydee714 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Went shopping last night for Thanksgiving. Cashier says "I think you bought every vegetable we sell!" :laugh: :laugh:
  • cmkell87
    cmkell87 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    It wasn't a comment but a question. "Why are you afraid of elevators?". My office is on the 4th floor and I almost never take the elevator during the day. I've been taking the stairs every day since I started my weight loss.
  • ddwin
    Options
    some people are so nice

o.O... wth?? How rude. I'm guessing someone was jealous?
  • ddwin
    Options
    Hahahahaa!!! Most of these are awesome.
  • sarahisme18
    sarahisme18 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Eating marinated chicken, beans, sauteed onions and spinach with some raw broccoli would qualify me as "a health nut"... Hahahaaa!! That's gotta be the best comment made to me since getting back into things. (the cafeteria owner has had to work the register for the past week and I don't think she likes it much that I'm not eating her regular lunches)

What's the most bizzare thing someone has said to you along this journey?

A couple of weeks ago, I was at work, dreaming of a great party I was going to later where there would be lots of FUDGE AND COOKIES, so when someone asked if I wanted a donut, I said, "No Thanks!" to which a bunch of people snarkily replied, "Oh, and that's how she stays so skinny." I was like.... whaaa??? I'm pigging out on FUDGE later, you guys!!!! lol
  • Foodie711711
    Foodie711711 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I've been called a food nazi while trying to point out my mothers poor eating habits!
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I was just eating some greek yogurt with my lunch and a new coworker told me I was the "picture of health". . because I exercise and eat healthy!! LOL. . .I reminded him that I had a maple cream stick yesterday when someone brought in birthday doughnuts. . so not exactly the "picture of health"!! :-)
  • johnsjes
    johnsjes Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've had people ask "Are you sure you're eating enough?" It's like, "Yep, pretty sure, I bought a nice new winter coat so I don't need to put on a layer of blubber this year."