Am I right or wrong in this situation

Options

Replies

• HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Oh to be 19 again...

I wouldn't go back to 19 if you PAID me! Beyond the effed up relationships we all got ourselves into.... I like drinking, legally, WAY too much. ;)
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    MFP has some of the funniest people on the net - the comments here are proof! Laughing through all three pages!

And yes, OP, find a way to gracefully disentangle yourself. You might not have to cut her out of your life entirely, but down that road lies madness, frustration, and bitter feelings that will follow both of you like a taint.

She might be insecure. She might be a ****. She might be truly convinced that you and her were meant to be together and the slightest inflection of your tone will make or break it. But either way - definitely give yourself some space.

(MFP edits cursewords? Sadness!)
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Me and this girl were talking and she tells me about how some guy just told her that he loved her then I was like wow that's crazy then a few nights later I asked what she is thinking about and she says guys I just say right on then out of nowhere shes like "wth is wrong with you i told you some guy said he loved me and im thinking about guys you act like you don't even care." What am I supposed to do talk about how I wanna kick the guys *kitten* or tell her im the only thing she can think about idk just seems like she is trying to make me jealous

You say, "You're right, I don't care that you're thinking about guys because I'm thinking about girls." Then you get up, put on a coat, and say, "I also think that I should go out and find girls who don't try to make me jealous and are fun to be around."

Then you leave... and never come back.
  • Bakerchk
    Bakerchk Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I'm agreeing with most and believe she is very immature. If you're talking to girl (I'm assuming this means exclusively) she shouldn't be telling you that other guys "love" her. She is throwing it in your face to make you jealous.

She's probably doing this because she wants to KNOW that you care about her, or love her.... which is stupid. She went about it the wrong way.

I'd give you more advice if I knew more about the situation. However, I don't feel you did anything wrong by not responding to her very random rants. Like everyone else says, get out of there. The woman's got issues.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Ask her if she knows what you're thinking.

When she says, "no" - tell her you're thinking about guys, too.

That ought to take the fire off a bit.
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options

I may or may not have spit water through my nose after reading that.
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 477 Member
    Options

TR0berts for the win!!!!!! :drinker:
  • AnahitaCanDoIt
    Options
    Imagine what she'd be like if you were doing more than 'talking' ...which I think in my generations vernacular is the same as 'seeing'...? I dunno?

Being that it's the generation of internets, can I ask, have you ever actually met in person?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Could someone please post a link to *her* post of this whole ordeal. I'd like to read it to better understand what's going on here.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Could someone please post a link to *her* post of this whole ordeal. I'd like to read it to better understand what's going on here.

You want a fair and balanced assessment of the situation? Where do you think you are?
  • Halleeon
    Halleeon Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    OP, she has some issues with feeling secure. Everyone has issues. If you like her and can see yourself with her sometime in the future, then be nice to her. Take a deep breath and remind her that you do like her and that you do trust her.

At some point, you may want to ask her what you can do in that specific situation to help her feel more secure and then negotiate something that works for both of you.

If she gets too intense or you start feeling upset, take an hour or so apart to clear your mind...and then do something fun together before bringing it back up again.

All good relationships require work, lots of it and from both sides. She can change and become more secure, but she has to want to and you have to be patient. This works both ways, whatever your flaws are (perhaps being empathetic is one) she will need to be patient while you improve.

Enjoy each other and let her know how you feel, kindly. I would highly suggest not abusing her trust by ditching her without explanation or sleeping with her and then leaving. It will only scar you both and add more layers to deal with later on.

Lastly, please, next time you post, use punctuation. It's really hard to get meaning and understand what you're saying without grammar.

Best to you in your decision. Oh and don't take advice from idiots on the web....they lack objectivity and connection to the issue. Guaranteed, many of them would not take their own advice in this situation because we lack understanding of the entire situation. Instead, find a couple who is in a HEALTHY long-term relationship and ask them specific questions. If you can't find that, get a good therapist or someone who can guide you correctly.

Anyway, there is my opinion, "take it or leave it."
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    nothing but crazy. walk away from the games.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

You want a fair and balanced assessment of the situation? Where do you think you are?

This just seemed like a more mature response than, "I have no idea what you're telling or asking us." I was hoping maybe she could clear up some of the confusion.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    She's not my girlfriend just a girl I started talking to last week.

if ^^ HE ^^ can get a girl,then I have hope.
    Oh look a 45 year old man is trying to put down a 19 year old, you're cool!

I am very excited someone used "your" and "you're" correctly! Sqqueee!:drinker:

:laugh: :laugh:
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    She must be young.

Yup

Young and crazy........leave the drama......
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Immature drama queen...run the other way.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Correction... if you're from England then American is your 4th language :laugh:
  • BalenciaLynn
    BalenciaLynn Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Walk away.

Insecure and immature crazy alarm is going off!

This. Back away slowly, and keep your eyes on her hands the whole time.

who has time for silly games like this?
    Tell her to grow a vagina and tell you how she feels :)
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

I may or may not have spit water through my nose after reading that.

ME TOO BWAHAHAHA!
  • SopranogirlCa
    SopranogirlCa Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Me and this girl were talking and she tells me about how some guy just told her that he loved her then I was like wow that's crazy then a few nights later I asked what she is thinking about and she says guys I just say right on then out of nowhere shes like "wth is wrong with you i told you some guy said he loved me and im thinking about guys you act like you don't even care." What am I supposed to do talk about how I wanna kick the guys *kitten* or tell her im the only thing she can think about idk just seems like she is trying to make me jealous

You say, "You're right, I don't care that you're thinking about guys because I'm thinking about girls." Then you get up, put on a coat, and say, "I also think that I should go out and find girls who don't try to make me jealous and are fun to be around."

Then you leave... and never come back.

This is good.