admit it !!

Options
I have come to realize that i will always need a diet program to lose weight ...
It wont come off otherwise no i cant do it by myself i have tried.
is anyone els like that?

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Nope, I just need me, some motivation and willpower. The rest I leave up to time.
  • know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I don't think I need a "diet".
    I need to count calories until I reach my goal weight.
    Once I reach my goal, I need to learn what is within my calories and make good choices from there on out.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I don't need any particular diet but when I stop tracking calories I start to gain again. It's just a slow creep but over a few months bad habits start coming back and next thing the pounds that go with them. I'll probably always track food and exercise to some degree.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I have come to realize that i will always need a diet program to lose weight ...
    It wont come off otherwise no i cant do it by myself i have tried.
    is anyone els like that?

"i will always need a diet program"

if you will always need it...then it's a lifestyle change...and not a shot in the dark, or short term diet....

it's a lifestyle change.
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Yep!
  • ddwin
    ddwin Posts: 78
    Options
    I'm not a dieter... I'm just finally learning how to Seriously make life changes. Things that will stay with me forever such as choosing the right foods and making time to exercise. Including my daughter and showing her how a healthy lifestyle works.
  • VeganZombie13
    Options
    No, I don't see it as a diet, it's a life style change. you have to change your way of thinking along with it...
    When I started yes it was a diet, but not anymore...
    It's the way I live, I enjoy being healthy..
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    that is why my sister stays on weight watchers, as a lifetime member. nothing wrong with that.
  • kmcahill8
    Options
    I don't look at this as a "diet". I look at this as a lifestyle and how I am going to the rest of my life. My bad habits and emotional binge eating have made me move away from a health lifestyle and this is just a reminder on how to get back to those good habits.
  • d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I'm still on a see food diet. I see food, I eat it. I just count my calories and carbs now and the weight seems to be coming off slowly but that's fine with me. I've also been exercising regularly...
  • mandersatx
    Options
    Counting calories = portion control for me. When I weigh/measure/count how much I'm eating, I'm honest with myself about how much I'm intaking. I'm also more inclined to recognize when I'm not hungry anymore, so mindless munching is less likely to happen.

Getting on the scale every few days to see where you're at weight-wise is also good to keep the pounds from creeping back. If you're up to 2lbs over your goal weight, scale back for a few weeks to drop back down. When I don't weigh & don't track, the #s come back quick!
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    This is the first time ever I'm trying to look at it as a lifestyle change and not a diet. I hope it helps me stay the track better.
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    perhaps if you start thinking about it as a lifestyle change rather than a diet you might be better off.
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    It is a lifestyle change......so it is forever...........yep
  • IbiH
    IbiH Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Finding this app on my android was the best thing ever...... It will be with my for life now.
  • LondonEliza
    LondonEliza Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    It's making poor choices with a diet that get most people fat / unhealthy / unfit / tired / irritable etc etc

Making informed sensible choices with their lifestyle get most people slim / healthy / fit / energised and a pleasure to be around
  • _happycats_
    _happycats_ Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    In my experience, if you keep calling it a diet you will be more likely to fail. It tells your brain this is short-term and temporary. Try taking a different perspective and look at it as a lifestyle change, and embrace it's permanent-ness. I feel like in the short-term I like having meal plans because they give me ideas for portion size and nutrition content - I don't plan on eating the exact same thing every week forever, but I do plan on keeping it as a general framework for my meals. Good luck!
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    I don't need any particular diet but when I stop tracking calories I start to gain again. It's just a slow creep but over a few months bad habits start coming back and next thing the pounds that go with them. I'll probably always track food and exercise to some degree.

^This.
  • kstev7
    kstev7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Is it so bad really? I love having a healthy lifestyle even if it takes extra effort and maybe appearing strange to others every now when they see that your life's pleasure doesn't come from food.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Nope. I'll never use a diet program.