Bottles versus glasses

Options
Does anyone else find it easier to drink their water out of bottles than out of a glass? I can put a glass of water in front of me and it could sit there all day...maybe two days...three, but then things start growing in it. But if I fill up a plastic bottle and reuse it, it's amazing how much I end up drinking. 8 glasses and then some. I mean, if someone pours my beer into a glass, I never have a problem drinking that. :drinker: So what is it about the water that gives me such a mental block? I feel a little guilty about, you know, effecting the earth wtih the use of my plastic bottles, but I am trying to reuse them periodically. Does that count?

Replies

• iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else find it easier to drink their water out of bottles than out of a glass? I can put a glass of water in front of me and it could sit there all day...maybe two days...three, but then things start growing in it. But if I fill up a plastic bottle and reuse it, it's amazing how much I end up drinking. 8 glasses and then some. I mean, if someone pours my beer into a glass, I never have a problem drinking that. :drinker: So what is it about the water that gives me such a mental block? I feel a little guilty about, you know, effecting the earth wtih the use of my plastic bottles, but I am trying to reuse them periodically. Does that count?
  • BlazinEmerald
    BlazinEmerald Posts: 842
    Options
    I'm the same. I can only drink water out of a water bottle
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    I use a Nalgene bottle and drink about 3-4 of them a day (32 oz. each). Try a Nygene but buy one of the new ones that doesn't have that wacky chemical in it that's supposed to cause health problems by leeching into your drink. I'm thinking of switching over to a stainless steel bottle because of the warnings that have been issued.
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    The BPA bottle are banned in alot of stores in Ontario Canada , Most "popular" stores have now changed over to completely BPA free products.
  • iftcheiaf
    Options
    I do better reusing the water bottles i buy with water in them for a couple of times. The sports bottles always end up smelling funky after awhile to me and I never feel like I can ever get them clean enough, so I end up throwing them away anyway. They seem to absorb any trace of anything you put in it (a tiny dash of Crystal Lite helps me in my drinking of water endeavor).
  • LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options
    Yeah I do the same thing... and even just a little crystal light goes a long way!! I'm addicted to crystal light lemonade right now.. it gets me through my day!
  • iftcheiaf
    Options
    Have you tried the green tea one? I just bought it the other day and have drank so much water. Makes me feel all zen - okay not really, but it is good.
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    yeah the green tea is good, the one with a splash of lemon is better lol. Raspberry Ice is my Fav!
  • LML79
    Options
    I will have to try the green tea one..I never even knew Crystal light had that! I usually stick to the lemonade, pink lemonade and raspberry ice.. but Green Tea sounds good! I need to feel all Zen.. hahahaaa!
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I usually drink hot tea, but when I have a glass of water I find I drink it better with a straw..lol Maybe it's the little kid in me :)
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Please don't re-fill the thin plastic water bottles!!!! Ever!!!! :sick:

Health Canada has issued a warning against refilling the thin plastic bottles, as their safetly is only barely a pass at "one use". Handling the bottles during drinking starts to break down the plastic, and it begins to leach chemicals into the water. The thin bottles happen to have one of worst hormone altering chemicals. Anything with BPA has been banned in Canada. Our Gov is also looking into those rigid large water cooler bottles - as they are constantly refilled, and storing water into which the chemicals could leach.

Plastic water bottles are also quite dangerous when heated, so beware of stores that leave skids of water bottles outside in warm weather (Wal-mart was storing skids of bottled water in their garden centers two years ago and caught a lot of flack for it). Also, don't freeze them, as if the water expands, and the bottle stretches, it breaks down the plastic.

Plastics that are at this time considered "safe" as are #5 plastics (look on the bottom in the little recycling triangle) and anything that says "BPA Free".

Plastics #2,3,6,7 should all be tossed. The last time I checked Nalgene bottles they were amoung the dangerous plastics. Lulu Lemon's bottles are also one of the dangerous numbers! Last time I was there I spoke to the manager, and she said "They are looking into the complex issue". About a year ago we switched over to stainless steel bottles, and safe plastics for the kids (but we don't store liquids in the cups as we used to - think prepping juice into sippy cups the night before - what a time saver!).
    :flowerforyou:
  • LML79
    Options
    I usually drink hot tea, but when I have a glass of water I find I drink it better with a straw..lol Maybe it's the little kid in me :)

I do the same thing..I think it's because we aren't gulping in air ...drinking from a straw prevents that and the glass empties quicker :drinker:
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    I'm the same way... can't get me to drink it out of a glass... the only thing I will drink out of a glass is milk.

I use a 1 liter bottle that had propel in it. Just refill it with water and some powdered propel and I'm got 2 bottles down in no time... most of the time I drink 3 of these a day. If I didn't do it that way I would be lucky to get in 3 oz's :laugh: