Kettlebell

Options
Anyone know what i should plug in doing kettle bell workouts- Im doing the 6 week prgram kettle works and they are about 20-25 min of misc kettle bell moves. Any help would be great- Thanks

Replies

• bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by "plug in?"
  • 58Rock
    58Rock Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Anthony DiLuglio at Art of Strength has great kettlebell workouts. His "Providence" DVD is a great place to start. It is tough but the workout is great. He knows his business.

http://www.artofstrength.com/providence/

A lot of other great workouts and tools.
  • Sophiel000
    Options
    Do you have a heart rate monitor? I added new exercises to the list if it wasn't on it. I do Bob Harpers (from US Biggest Looser) Kettlebell Shredder DVD it is a big workout and my heart rate goes up to 170 bpm which is the same as when I run. I usually burn about 400 calories.
  • mscote12
    mscote12 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I take a K-Bell class every Friday, it is 30 minutes....my instructor using MFP and instructed us to enter it in as "Strength Training" for our log.
    Not sure if thats what you meant, but that is what I use :smile:
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Do you have a heart rate monitor? I added new exercises to the list if it wasn't on it. I do Bob Harpers (from US Biggest Looser) Kettlebell Shredder DVD it is a big workout and my heart rate goes up to 170 bpm which is the same as when I run. I usually burn about 400 calories.

Where do u find it? Did search on Amazon, not there.

As for the OP, if you wear an HRM, then you can create & log the exercise calories as cardiovascular that way. If not, there isn't a category for it. If you put it under strength training, you can log it, but it won't count any calories from it.
  • Sunset4848
    Options
    thanks- plug in as in what do i enter to figure out calories burned for kettle bell workout
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options

Where do u find it? Did search on Amazon, not there.

As for the OP, if you wear an HRM, then you can create & log the exercise calories as cardiovascular that way. If not, there isn't a category for it. If you put it under strength training, you can log it, but it won't count any calories from it.

@Doberdawn and OP: you can put it under weight traning under the cardio heading and it will give you calories according to time exercised.